All-Star Kudos/brag Post!! Add Yours Too!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I finally got my ACT score back! I got a 35 which is 3 points more than last time :D and I never have to take it again. My math went up 1 to a 32 which is good considering it was hard! I got a perfect score on reading and 35s on the other sections. :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
OMG that's fantastic! So jealous! Congratulations!

I'm so glad my standardized testing days are over after reading this. The GRE was the biggest nightmare of my life.

I took that thing three times over the course of my life :bang head:

The first time I did it as a college senior figuring if go straight to grad school...but couldn't decide in what so I didn't. When I decided what to get a masters in my scores were TWO MONTHS too old.... Ugh... Round two. Then I went back for my doctorate and took it again, and eventually settled on Northeastern University in Boston....who didn't actually require the GRE.

True. Story.

The first time I did it as a college senior figuring if go straight to grad school...but couldn't decide in what so I didn't. When I decided what to get a masters in my scores were TWO MONTHS too old.... Ugh... Round two. Then I went back for my doctorate and took it again, and eventually settled on Northeastern University in Boston....who didn't actually require the GRE.

True. Story.

Can I be nosy and ask what your doctorate is in? That's so impressive! I couldn't help but ask.

Educational Leadership with a curriculum and instruction focus. Terribly exciting stuff but I can quote you some of the Dalai Lama if you have insomnia!

That's amazing! Do you work for a school system? (My parish has exactly one person in the entire school system with a doctorate, and I'd like to say it's in something similar to that. She's totally brilliant.)

That's amazing! Do you work for a school system? (My parish has exactly one person in the entire school system with a doctorate, and I'd like to say it's in something similar to that. She's totally brilliant.)

Yep. I'm a high school principal. There's actually several of us now. A group of my friends went through a local program together and got theirs as well. Our district has 55 schools, I'd say (ballpark) probably 5-6 of us have Ed.D's and another 4-5 are in a program somewhere. I'm the only one who decided to attend a school requiring flights to get there. (And the second I finished NEU opened a Charlotte campus downtown!) But I wouldn't change it. NEU is a great university!

Yep. I'm a high school principal. There's actually several of us now. A group of my friends went through a local program together and got theirs as well. Our district has 55 schools, I'd say (ballpark) probably 5-6 of us have Ed.D's and another 4-5 are in a program somewhere. I'm the only one who decided to attend a school requiring flights to get there. (And the second I finished NEU opened a Charlotte campus downtown!) But I wouldn't change it. NEU is a great university!

Wow! All of this and a cheer mom. Are you really human? But really, I'm sure your school is lucky to have you!

How often would you have to fly up to Boston?! (I love NEU's "campus" area of Boston.)

How often would you have to fly up to Boston?! (I love NEU's "campus" area of Boston.)
I was there 4-5 times over the course of my degree. I didn't want a straight online program so two of those times were for summer sessions where I was "on ground."

As a former high school history teacher I was not mad at being in Boston. It quickly hit the top of my list as one of my favorite places and I was a pro at the T in no time.

I totally couldn't wait to show my kids all the sights when we all went up for graduation (my parent and sister came too)....

...and then my hooding got cancelled, Graduation got moved to after our return flight was scheduled and the whole family was locked down in the Marriott long wharf because my graduation weekend was the same weekend as the marathon bomber manhunt. Fun times!!!!

@12stepCheermom oh man, that weekend...I was a senior at Providence College at the time and we were basically advised to be on alert because the authorities thought they might have ran away to Providence. (My class president was also a half-mile from the finish line when the bombs went off and a friend of mine was in between the two with her boyfriend watching the race. Scary stuff.) Our spring concert was the same night as the actual manhunt...and we had the biggest USA-themed darty the next day.

and now I'm sad because I miss college :(:(:(:(:(

True. Story.

Ahh I'm so sorry lol. I had considered possibly getting another degree after my doctorate, but I think you may have just talked me out of it ;) I think one is plenty.

Back