All-Star Lady Bullets.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And while this isn't gymnastics or theater, was there not a picture people commented on (I forget what thread it was a part of) where two athletes were noticed in the back where they looked like they were hanging out at the back of the mat instead of being focused on what was happening? Someone will remember this..I think it was the action photos thread? We had a good chuckle about it..

http://fierceboard.com/threads/fierce-photos.13419/ It's the 5th post on the first page (the picture of Cali Smoeds jumps)

I'm just wondering have you ever coached anyone as talented as her or taught anyone a pass with the same level of difficulty these passes require? I'm just betting if you did you wouldn't care if she was fixing her skirt or even picking her nose! Sorry for the sarcasm but what this girl does is amazing and if fixing a skirt helps her land her pass then who r u to say anything?

Actually, I'm sure the last thing you would want to see is a uniform top/skirt fly off a girl as she lands a standing tumbling pass through to whip double. Not to mention after doing a toe full two to double and a one to double, and flying and doubling down out of her stunt.

ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU that make people not want to come back to these boards...there is no need to attack people! LEAVE IT A LONE

I don't think a coach on this board, giving her honest view and rules of her athletes [not adjusting uniforms, etc.] should be assumed NOT to have coached the highest level of teams. In fact, I would be more inclined to think that coach has coached at the highest levels because of the discipline being expressed. My daughter has been told in the past not to adjust her uniform - reason being, it can be distracting to the athlete, and if everyone starts doing it, it can easily become a poor show of the athletes. A quick straightening of the skirt is one thing, or if the top creeps way up to pull it down without much fanfare.

Having said that - the talent is incredible, the athlete is incredible, and the team as a whole is amazing. That cheer gym has a coach who is one of the most awesome ones ever! I can't wait to see what happens at Worlds with this team.

I don't think people had an issue with the coach saying it was distracting that she messed with her uniform. I don't think anyone will doubt that. I think this issue came when they said she should be "more focused". She obviously landed her (incredibly difficult) pass, and we have no idea how focused/not focused she was before she tumbled.

I'm not really saying I take sides either way, just explaining a little. But yes I'm a coach too and teach my kids to leave their uniforms alone.

i still dont understand how this is all that is being talked about on this thread.

i love amanda and i dont think her fixing her skirt is gonna cost them their worlds title so i dont think anyone should be worrying about it.

but anyway this is my favorite team ever! and wes's dance is ammmmmaaazzziiiinnnnggggg :)

Back