OT Laptops

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I have an HP. I love it, and for a 15' it cost me 399$ I got it on Black Friday though, and I think it was originally $450?

I heard that the Sony Vaio is a really good laptop and it's a good deal!
I have a Vaio... Got it December 2009 and it hasn't held up very well since. My left-click button doesn't work anymore and the right-click button's going now too. Also, the driver's crashed multiple times a day every day for the last year and no one can figure out why. Can't wait 'till I have enough to get a Dell or something else.

I have a Vaio... Got it December 2009 and it hasn't held up very well since. My left-click button doesn't work anymore and the right-click button's going now too. Also, the driver's crashed multiple times a day every day for the last year and no one can figure out why. Can't wait 'till I have enough to get a Dell or something else.
okay so that ones out of the question now ha

I'm in the market for laptops! What did you end up getting? I want a 14" or less and less than 5 lbs.
I ended up getting the Dell XPS 15z. It's basically Dells verison of the MacBook haha:) it comes in 14" (and 13?) too. The 15" is super light. I love it.

I'm going to be a freshman in college next year and my graduation gift from my parents is a laptop. I really want a Mac but my parents think they are too expensive because they have to buy three at the same time.:( What laptops do you like and would recommend? I'm planning on going into computer science and graphic design for my major/minor, not sure if that will help. This is basically what I am looking for in a computer:
-light
-thin
-side number pad
-price range: according to dad he wants to spend $500, but he will probably be okay with going up to $700 (I think)

Any suggestions?

i'm not a graphic design major, but I do ALOT with graphics on my computer. it's kinda a side passion, and I put alot of work into it. i asked one of my computer nerd friends what he suggested. i said i needed something with alot of space for pics, music, and graphics and graphic programs, would be able to last while i worked, was in my price range (same as you've listed). he did alot of searching for me, and suggested the acer aspire 5745G. he said it was the mac of PCs. and let me tell you, he was right. i love love love my computer. its perfect and does everything I want it to. and i even got a good deal on it. the only complaint I have is my battery. that's the only thing a mac has on my computer. but I also always have alot of programs running and play music on it and would only put it to sleep without shutting down. it isn't as small as a mac, but it isn't exactly big either. and i believe you can get it in different sizes.
hope this helps! :)

Back