All-Star Large Senior Updates 2010

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I feel like all in THEIR World would be fine if Stars would have won. I feel like, the attitude is that as long as things go in the WC favor; then whatever precedes it is just okay. I had a shocking encounter with a WC Coach whom I respected, immediately following the Silver medalist announcement in Lrg SR.. Just speaks volumes about their true sportsmanship.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I would not start any convesation about sportmanship.

ALL large senior teams were amazing this year! Really raised the standard!
World Cup did amazing, however CEA had a more difficult routine (and no i'm not being biased because i love WCSS too)
Its not about politics, because any one could say that WCSS winning three times in a row was politics.
SENIOR ELITE WON WORLDS 2010. END OF STORY.
They deserved the gold, conversation closed!
... till next season begins.

The pyramid of CEA that goes on and on is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. That in itself must have scored them high. SS's pyramid was just so-so.

CEA's win was very deserving and I get goosebumps everytime I think of it.

Please don't start the argument about a bobble in a stunt or this and that with CEA. If all remember correctly, last year SS didn't have such a perfect day 2 performance and they won over F5 which obviously was not taken well with the crowd booing and walking out. You could say that was politics especially if you ever talked to parent of Starlites from last year. They feel they were the sacrificial lambs. But that's over and done and so is this year.

CONGRATS CEA AND I JUST LOVE HOW THE WHOLE SEASON TURNED OUT FOR YOU GIRLS!!!!!!!

absolutely no one from Tsunami every said they didn't care about day 2. let's remember that the team is not responsible for what the fans post on fierceboard. if you didn't hear it straight out of the mouth of a team member it's called A RUMOR and most likely didn't happen. honestly, it's the fans that keep this alive. please fans, I'm sure your teams love you, but try to watch what you say on the boards, it causes such turmoil that doesn't have to happen.

I just wanted to say that even though the fans on here are having arguments about the placing, the girls (especially in the top 5) have been very gracious AND had extremely good sportsmanship about it. When we were called first, we were attacked by a mob of girls from FAME and Cheer Athletics. They were both so kind and caring and truly showed that good sportsmanship everyone is talking about. Those CA girls really touched my heart and I just wanted to say thanks to them because it takes real character to put your "dissappointment" (even though I think getting in the top 5 shouldn't be a dissappointment at all! Its amazing!) behind you and reach out to the winning team and act so completely thrilled for them is simply superb. Also, when we went back to do our exhibitions ALL of the athletes were so kind and caring towards each other. There was no animosity and no (shown) hard feelings. All of the athletes in my division don't deserve this controversy, they simply deserve a round of applause for being the best that they could be and showing it to the world when it mattered most!

A few things:

Griping about "politics" is just silly. SE was the best team in the division that weekend, and it was reflected in the scores. Medals don't simply go to the team that falls the least # of times. If that were the case, then a team could just put up some thigh stands and cartwheels and win over elite teams. Simply dropping a stunt doesn't automatically disqualify you from getting the highest score.

You can't read too much into any category score on a scoresheet. Without knowing what everyone else in your division got in that category, your category scores are practically meaningless on their own. (One of my big frustrations with event producers.) People could be furious about a "low" score that actually was higher than everyone else's.

Just because the score in your head doesn't match the score written down by a judge doesn't automatically make the judge wrong. I have learned over the years that it is nearly impossible to be an objective observer of your own (or your favorite) teams. You look for the good things in your own routine and the bad things in others. It is human nature. Like it or not, judges (particularly Worlds judges) are better at scoring routines against scoresheets than the fans, athletes, or coaches are.

Have I been upset/confused about results? Certainly. After watching videos, I still don't understand why one of our teams in another division didn't win. However, that doesn't mean that the judges conspired against us or that we were "wronged" by the USASF. It means that we need to go back, study results, and work even harder to come back next year with a better routine and a better chance of taking the title.

In the large senior division, one year does not change who the "big" teams are. Each of the "big" teams have had years when they finished out of the top 3 at Worlds. They have ALL come back stronger and beaten teams that finished ahead of them the year before. One year simply does not dramatically change the "balance of power".

Edit: I agree with the above post. In general, the athletes all show respect and get along with each other MUCH more so than the fans of the various teams.

I just wanted to say that even though the fans on here are having arguments about the placing, the girls (especially in the top 5) have been very gracious AND had extremely good sportsmanship about it. When we were called first, we were attacked by a mob of girls from FAME and Cheer Athletics. They were both so kind and caring and truly showed that good sportsmanship everyone is talking about. Those CA girls really touched my heart and I just wanted to say thanks to them because it takes real character to put your "dissappointment" (even though I think getting in the top 5 shouldn't be a dissappointment at all! Its amazing!) behind you and reach out to the winning team and act so completely thrilled for them is simply superb. Also, when we went back to do our exhibitions ALL of the athletes were so kind and caring towards each other. There was no animosity and no (shown) hard feelings. All of the athletes in my division don't deserve this controversy, they simply deserve a round of applause for being the best that they could be and showing it to the world when it mattered most!

Well said meghan! If the teams show eachother respect at events then it shouldn't go any further (especially on here!)
If the athletes have controversy then let it be dealt with by the team/gym/coaches themselves!
What is said by fans has nothing to do with the team.

I have no problem with CEA winning, but would like to a score break down of each area. I think CEA performed an amazing routine but when I watched WC, I just knew they had won. Just seems more put together and polished. Obviously the judges were going for more difficulty in terms of skill set and less about choreography and sharpness. CEA does deliever hard stunts year after year and you can't deny that. I'm sure WC is going to come back harder than ever. I am excited to see what they bring to the table next year.

On a side note, why were the other teams scores so far away from the top 2. Seriously the majority of the skills are about the same. I would really think that the judges scores were to low, for the majority of teams.

I feel that it could have gone either way. Each team had the same skills with a slight edge to CEA for doing stretch to bow & arrow tick tocks. World Cup fulled up to stretch, CEA fulled up to lib. So I think it counterbalanced. I think you could switch judging panels, and it would have gone either way. When it came down to it, I believe CEA's pyramid put them over the top.

I feel like all in THEIR World would be fine if Stars would have won. I feel like, the attitude is that as long as things go in the WC favor; then whatever precedes it is just okay. I had a shocking encounter with a WC Coach whom I respected, immediately following the Silver medalist announcement in Lrg SR.. Just speaks volumes about their true sportsmanship.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I have seen all sides, all parties show good and bad sportmanship. It is not a one sided affair. That is what happens in sports. Let's be fair to everyone.

Both CEA and WC looked awesome but when CEA droped their stunt I felt WC should have won. I always thought that teams that drop stunts dont win worlds but I guess I was wrong. I would think a team has to hit perfect to beat the current world champion team that also hits perfect. IMO.

I can tell you that the CA girls were genuinely thrilled for the CEA girls and I am glad that that showed.

As far as the placements with this division, they seemed to be pretty accurate. You have to remember that most of the teams hit almost perfectly day one and the top three teams were the same after day one and in the same order as they were day two. The talent in this division is just CRAZY!!! Making top three in this particular division is quite an honor! Congratulations to the girls of Senior Elite, WCSS, and Cheer Athletics Panthers!!! You are truly role models to not only the girls of Coed Elite, Starlites and Jags, but younger girls around the country!

I have no skin in this game and am actually a CA Panthers fan. Although Stars hit both days (minor errors), I still thought CEA SE was head and shoulders the better team, even with a dropped stunt. I definitely expect it be a really hard loss for Stars, not only because they are the 3 time defending champion, but because they did hit.

This is such a talented division. I was really impressed with more than the top "4".

absolutely no one from Tsunami every said they didn't care about day 2. let's remember that the team is not responsible for what the fans post on fierceboard. if you didn't hear it straight out of the mouth of a team member it's called A RUMOR and most likely didn't happen. honestly, it's the fans that keep this alive. please fans, I'm sure your teams love you, but try to watch what you say on the boards, it causes such turmoil that doesn't have to happen.

tsunami team member hear to clear this up! :) lol okay so day one we ended up in fourth... when we heard that we had broken into the "Big Four" we were ecstatic because we worked all year to get our name out there and then to be within the score range of world champion teams was an amazing feeling since it was our first year in the division. our coaches gave us a "no matter what happens in finals you guys have accomplished everything we dreamed of and more,anything from here on is icing on the cake, just have the time of your lives tomorrow" speech. we met all of our goals for the season but OF COURSE WE CARED about finals lol. we knew that it was possible to move up or drop a place because scores were so close and we made ourselves realize that top five would be amazing first year in this division. the TOP TEN teams had so much talent so to be top five in such a competitive division was an honor. OBVIOUSLY a globe would have been magical so yes we cared about our performance haha. but it wasnt about the placements for us, it was proving to ourselves and everyone else that we made the right choice of going large this season. i wouldnt have had it any other way and im honored to be part of the original large tsunami<3

Back