All-Star Layout Vs Layout Stepout

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 17, 2009
Which is more difficult? Harder to execute?

Sometimes I see teams throwing layout stepouts, and they are bent leg, and chucking them....to me this is a way to shield the fact that you can not execute an actual layout...IMO...

does one score you more points over the other?

layout step outs are harder if they're executed correctly.
they're considered "specialty passes" too, i believe. so they would add to a score?

switchkick layouts are awesome to see when they're done correctly too.

but i agree, too many people perform them poorly.

To me, layout step outs are harder and when performed right look so beautiful! (not saying a layout doesn't, because it does) I think you have to really focus on the execution because with layouts can be easily piked over but with layout step outs I almost always see them performed so perfectly and never with bent legs and piked out positions!

one of my cp's friends is a gymnast and we asked her about the difference and she said they actually call step outs , bail outs they are considered easier to do than an actual layout she was saying it is something to do with the landing that landing with two feet together is harder than the step out and that at her gym they only do that when they "bail out" of a skill however we all know gymnastics and cheer are completely different so she could be wrong

one of my cp's friends is a gymnast and we asked her about the difference and she said they actually call step outs , bail outs they are considered easier to do than an actual layout she was saying it is something to do with the landing that landing with two feet together is harder than the step out and that at her gym they only do that when they "bail out" of a skill however we all know gymnastics and cheer are completely different so she could be wrong

when I competed step-outs & switchkicks, i always still landed with my feet together--like i did the step out, but then brought them back together. i'll have to find a video of it. but i have seen a lot of people literally, just step-out of the layout.

I have a really good layout stepout and great form on my layout and I say a layout is harder because for a layout stepout you actually have arch a tad bit to make it look pretty and I can be lazier in that then my actual layout. However a layout stepout is harder to learn to do correctly I feel.

ignore the rest of the video, i made this two years ago at my old gym for my senior project. it was kinda just something i threw together for fun because i didn't want to do a real senior project, basically copied the gym tyme pro x video because i was (and still am) in love with it.
it was a non spring floor, we had 11 girls (when we were lucky) at small sr level 4 and it was just an all around difficult season. i was also going through some tumbling mental issues and wouldn't full.
buttttt, my layout step out is at 1:19 and switch kick is at 3:10
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1089909336175&saved

this is the beginning of mine. it's not the best picture of it.

2nvbdvs.jpg

ignore the rest of the video, i made this two years ago at my old gym for my senior project. it was kinda just something i threw together for fun because i didn't want to do a real senior project, basically copied the gym tyme pro x video because i was (and still am) in love with it.
it was a non spring floor, we had 11 girls (when we were lucky) at small sr level 4 and it was just an all around difficult season. i was also going through some tumbling mental issues and wouldn't full.
buttttt, my layout step out is at 1:19 and switch kick is at 3:10
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1089909336175&saved

you have nice step outs unfortunately i rarely see nice ones in routines then again i have been pretty disapointed this year with all of the piked layouts as well not too many pretty layouts

you have nice step outs unfortunately i rarely see nice ones in routines then again i have been pretty disapointed this year with all of the piked layouts as well not too many pretty layouts

switchkicks are my absolute favorite passes to throw.
i have a kick full now too, which i think was easier for me to get because i could switchkick. scares the crap outta me, but i'll throw it if you make me. hahaha

Back