All-Star Legal At Level 1?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheer25mom

Cheer Parent
Aug 10, 2011
A lib at prep level not braced, but the side base grabs heel and toe of the foot pulling lib? Oh, and it's moving.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I've actually seen this called both ways. You may want to move this to the "Is it Legal?" forum and get an answer from @Andre

hmm, yeah not sure..we do a lib at prep level but have a person bracing it. i would be interested to know what this answer is too :)

It's legal. If the base has the foot in their hands they can hold it at lib or stag (hitch). Here's an example: "1/4 up to stag, power press to gut level opposite stag, bump up to lib." As long as both bases have a foot in their hands they can hold the "single leg" stunts at prep.

Would this stunt score higher than a hitch? Would it score higher than a braced "real" single leg stunt?

Would this stunt score higher than a hitch? Would it score higher than a braced "real" single leg stunt?
A braced single leg stunt scores under your pyramid score. This stunt would score similarly to a hitch. Would be the same as a 2 legged prep, since technically that's what it is. It'll be under stunt variations/transitions. Probably add to your score a little more than just a prep.

A braced single leg stunt scores under your pyramid score. This stunt would score similarly to a hitch. Would be the same as a 2 legged prep, since technically that's what it is. It'll be under stunt variations/transitions. Probably add to your score a little more than just a prep.
ahh yes, stupid me. I even knew braced was pyramid. I guess it would mainly increase creativity scores

Thanks for the responses. It is being done as a transition between elements of the pyramid. I questioned it because I thought the a hitch was legal because the foot was flat and the flyer could weight bear on it if necessary. I didn't realize the requirement was only to maintain contact with the foot. I thought that since the toe was pointed down and there was no way to put weight on it if it went bad, it was considered a one legged stunt. We have a young coach who added this in the fly and several other parents also questioned "I thought we couldn't do that" so I thought I would ask.

It seemed to be a lot more difficult than the prep it replaced. The side base is doing nothing to help stabilize the flyer, who is being moved on one leg.

Thanks for the responses. It is being done as a transition between elements of the pyramid. I questioned it because I thought the a hitch was legal because the foot was flat and the flyer could weight bear on it if necessary. I didn't realize the requirement was only to maintain contact with the foot. I thought that since the toe was pointed down and there was no way to put weight on it if it went bad, it was considered a one legged stunt. We have a young coach who added this in the fly and several other parents also questioned "I thought we couldn't do that" so I thought I would ask.

It seemed to be a lot more difficult than the prep it replaced. The side base is doing nothing to help stabilize the flyer, who is being moved on one leg.

The flyer should be pulling it up high and tight and the side base should be helping with this. They aren't supposed to bear the weight like the main base but they CAN if the flyer steps down unintentionally. It's as close as you can get to Level 2 without actually doing a free standing lib. So it's a pushing the envelope type of skill that should show "this L1 team are Jedi masters, you thought you were watching L2 for a second didn't you?"
Now if it's shaky and flailing then that just says "if a stiff wind blows we are done for and probably shouldn't be doing this particular skill". A nice solid prep that moves swiftly from one formation to the next with a flyer that isn't throwing balance checks left and right would be better in this situation.

I'm with @cupieqt. And in my experience it added more to my score when I used a similar moving stunt. That's a smart young coach ;)

The flyer should be pulling it up high and tight and the side base should be helping with this. They aren't supposed to bear the weight like the main base but they CAN if the flyer steps down unintentionally. It's as close as you can get to Level 2 without actually doing a free standing lib. So it's a pushing the envelope type of skill that should show "this L1 team are Jedi masters, you thought you were watching L2 for a second didn't you?"
Now if it's shaky and flailing then that just says "if a stiff wind blows we are done for and probably shouldn't be doing this particular skill". A nice solid prep that moves swiftly from one formation to the next with a flyer that isn't throwing balance checks left and right would be better in this situation.

Thanks for the explanation. Makes a lot of sense. I am hoping they can lock this in and make it work.

Back