Legal In High School?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 15, 2011
Would this be legal in high school according to AACCA. If not, what about if the first toss "kick out" is taken out and it's just the helicopter toss.
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I didn't see anything that says you cannot hold onto eachother in a toss (there is that rule in allstar though). I did see you cannot have tosses that travel. But I have not looked at AACCA rules all that much.

gi_cheer Neither the initial toss out nor the helicopter tosses are legal under AACCA HS Rules.

From AACCA Rules:

A Release Stunt must either be cradled or connected to at least one bracer. The exception to this rule is the following:
  1. Helicopters are allowed provided all of the following conditions are met:
    1. The top person makes no more than a 180 degree rotation (half-turn).
    2. Four bases must be in position during the entire release.
    3. There must be a base at the head/shoulder area during the initiation of the toss as well as the catch.
    4. The bases are not allowed to change positions during the release.
    5. The top person must begin and end in a face up position.
    6. The top person cannot perform a twisting skill.

Ok - color me confused

How is this legal in HS cheer that typically perform on gym floors, football fields etc but not in all-star.

Seems too dangerous to do for either version of cheer. IMHO

Ok - color me confused

How is this legal in HS cheer that typically perform on gym floors, football fields etc but not in all-star.

Seems too dangerous to do for either version of cheer. IMHO

A helicopter toss is not what's in the video.

CheerDadof2 - I would call the the initial toss up & the rotating tosses in the video illegal for AACCA High School, AACCA College, and USASF Levels 1-6.

A helicopter toss is a single group tossing a flyer, her spinning around in the direction of a helicopter blade, and the same group catching her.

I see that Andre has already jumped in here, thank goodness!

Andre I completely agree about the rotating tosses to other bases being illegal no matter what set of rules you are using, but what do you see that makes the initial toss illegal under those rules?

Well, in the initial toss, the flyers connect, which is illegal under USASF rules.

Back