High School Legality Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 10, 2010
The rules show that the minute a flyer connects to another flyer by hand to hand contact, it is considered a pyramid. thus, the bracer must be in a prep with a spot. But, can I have both groups extended, one in a hitch, and the other in cupie holding the hitched leg? Or is that still considered illegal?

We need to get a video or picture and need to know which set of rules the team follows to be able to give an answer.

We need to get a video or picture and need to know which set of rules the team follows to be able to give an answer.
I'm not the original poster, but I'm also interested in this and I believe this picture is what the original poster was asking. Would something like below, where they are all at extended level connecting, be legal under NFHS/AACCA?

24ovp02.png

AScheer It's illegal for AACCA. All of the stunts would need to be extensions or every other one needs to be at prep level.

Pyramids 2. In braced pyramids, at least one bracer of each pair must be at shoulder height or below. The exception to this rule is the following:
a. Extensions (double‐ or single‐based) may brace other extensions.

I don't know NFHS rules since they are only available if you buy their book.

AScheer It's illegal for AACCA. All of the stunts would need to be extensions or every other one needs to be at prep level.

Pyramids 2. In braced pyramids, at least one bracer of each pair must be at shoulder height or below. The exception to this rule is the following:
a. Extensions (double‐ or single‐based) may brace other extensions.

I don't know NFHS rules since they are only available if you buy their book.

So, here's my question: AACCA doesn't define "extensions" in their glossary, only "extended stunts". To me, it is clear that the intended purpose of their rule is that only extended two leg stunts are allowed to brace each other, but since an extension os not defined as a two leg stunt (the "extended stunt" definition is broad enough to cover both one and two leg stunts) couldn't a coach legitimately argue that the rule includes one leg stunts bracing each other?

I guess I would advocate that a definition of "extension" as a two leg extended stunt be included in the glossary.

So, here's my question: AACCA doesn't define "extensions" in their glossary, only "extended stunts". To me, it is clear that the intended purpose of their rule is that only extended two leg stunts are allowed to brace each other, but since an extension os not defined as a two leg stunt (the "extended stunt" definition is broad enough to cover both one and two leg stunts) couldn't a coach legitimately argue that the rule includes one leg stunts bracing each other?

I guess I would advocate that a definition of "extension" as a two leg extended stunt be included in the glossary.

Right or wrong, AACCA isn't like the USASF in which there is an attempt to define every word in the rules. If AACCA's intent was for something to be illegal and you do it, it's called illegal.

Back