All-Star Legitimate Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

IMO, you exhibitioned, though technically you received a first place rating. When that happens for CP's team and someone asks how they did, I'll say that they had no competition but did well (if they did).

Exhibition
I too usually say they didn't have any competition...
My CP says " It's not winning if you don't compete against any one and it "stinks" when there is no one in your division."

IMO, you exhibitioned, though technically you received a first place rating. When that happens for CP's team and someone asks how they did, I'll say that they had no competition but did well (if they did).
We definitely don't get excited about not competing against anyone. Thankfully we haven't been to a competition in years where we had no one to compete against. The competitions in our area are always stacked with talented teams.

Wow I disagree with so much in this thread I don't know where to start. I do feel that there are way too many national and no opportunity for a true championship, however I wouldn't go so far as to determine one win "less prestigious" than another, while I enjoy both nca and cheersport neither were my teams most intense competitions. We competed against more teams and better teams at other comps. I saw teams win nca and lose batc win jamfest and lose batb. What u have to realize, these comps are expensive and for many far away, so several teams that I would consider the best of the best don't compete at nca not bcuz they can't win but bcuz it's too far too expensive etc. I'm not sure what makes one win more prestigious than another my team placed 2nd at cheersport against 9 teams, they were NOT happy, they placed 1st at battle of the capital against 19 that was way more exciting. It really didn't matter to them that it was cheersport, they just knew they didn't win. Biggest comp for us is us finals, for several reasons 1-it's at the end of the year, so it serves as grand finale. 2-they don't split divisions, no large and small, so you get to see how you measure against all teams, 3-bids are given from several EP not just one, 4-the first place teams are rejudged against all winners from across the country to crown a true national champion so when you win you have in essence beaten sometimes 80-100 teams. I am specifically referring to the one in va beach this is the biggest one I know others are a lot smaller. I find it interesting that the most "prestigious" nationals are invitationals that don't even require bids....I am speaking from a lower level perspective now level 5 is diff most level 5 teams travel and most travel to comps giving bids so yes the comps with the most bids have the most teams and therefore the most prestige, not so true with lower level

Wow I disagree with so much in this thread I don't know where to start. I do feel that there are way too many national and no opportunity for a true championship, however I wouldn't go so far as to determine one win "less prestigious" than another, while I enjoy both nca and cheersport neither were my teams most intense competitions. We competed against more teams and better teams at other comps. I saw teams win nca and lose batc win jamfest and lose batb. What u have to realize, these comps are expensive and for many far away, so several teams that I would consider the best of the best don't compete at nca not bcuz they can't win but bcuz it's too far too expensive etc. I'm not sure what makes one win more prestigious than another my team placed 2nd at cheersport against 9 teams, they were NOT happy, they placed 1st at battle of the capital against 19 that was way more exciting. It really didn't matter to them that it was cheersport, they just knew they didn't win. Biggest comp for us is us finals, for several reasons 1-it's at the end of the year, so it serves as grand finale. 2-they don't split divisions, no large and small, so you get to see how you measure against all teams, 3-bids are given from several EP not just one, 4-the first place teams are rejudged against all winners from across the country to crown a true national champion so when you win you have in essence beaten sometimes 80-100 teams. I am specifically referring to the one in va beach this is the biggest one I know others are a lot smaller. I find it interesting that the most "prestigious" nationals are invitationals that don't even require bids....I am speaking from a lower level perspective now level 5 is diff most level 5 teams travel and most travel to comps giving bids so yes the comps with the most bids have the most teams and therefore the most prestige, not so true with lower level

I agree with most of what you're saying... perhaps for your division and experience you did not see the most intense comp at the larger comps. that in no way diminishes your wins at the less recognized competitions. You had decent competition, hit your routine and won.

I do like the national judging concept for US finals however I can't really go along with the concept of it meaning something to have to earn a bid to it. I believe first through 5th place earns a bid at each event they give bids away at. I don't remember a comp my daughter's team went to when she was level 4 that she didn't earn a bid to US finals in the past few years. And there had to be at least 4 or 5 per season. (PS they usually didn't win either) There are still a few out there besides Worlds that make you qualify for a bid but most teams come away with bids anyway or you can submit videos to some to appeal the decision if you don't and they usually give you them anyway.

I think the number of nationals is a little ridiculous! I see NCA, Cheersport, UCA and JamFest Indy as the real national championships. The other day I was on a site and it said something along the lines of "home of the 537 time national champions." Not the exact number but it was in the 500's. I think that just sounds silly personally.

Last year my team won Cheersport Nationals. We got a lot of great press, got recognized by the county, etc. Two weeks later a team down the road that is rough at best won a "Billy Bob" type of nationals (there were 20ish teams TOTAL between school and dance, and only one other just as bad team in their division, who they were in second to the first day!) Their parents threw fits publicly when they returned that their children were national champions too and deserved the same recognition that we got. The way they acted was embarrassing at best, and I have no ties to them. It was very frustrating and the most frustrating part was that people truly didn't understand that what we did and what they did were not the same! I like the idea of giving the nationals ratings!

I laugh at this topic all around. Lets face it, you can be a national champion everywhere. Not difficult... YES some are more stacked due to timing, distance, location, name, whatever.... however, it's just insane! Whatever, to each their own, i think if there is no qualifier (competition, video, anything....) to get there, there is no "Nationals".. end of story. I liked the theory above, 1 National Championship per org.

Why I really laugh, there is a high school in our area that is extremely competitve - the problem is - with themselves... they are talented girls, the coaches are talented, but they do all music and have for quite some time, which is not my favorite thing for HS b/c if you cheer for a team you should be doing a cheer... again, I will not elaborate. Well, my freinds husband is a teacher at the school and he goes, our cheerleders are a joke, they come back from everything National Champions...he was like seriously they go to like 3 of these things a year and they travel away and come back with Jackets... well, if an outsider can see that people can be a national champion EVERYWHERE then there is something wrong!

I will get off of my soapbox now.

Multiple national championships has been around in all stars forever. It's nothing new so I've resigned myself to just enjoying the competitions no matter what they may be labeled. What I wonder is why do people have such a problem with teams celebrating their wins? No matter what the title is, if a team has worked hard and had to defeat other teams to earn it, who are we to tear them down and stomp on their win? It's like the ugly step sisters in Cinderella. Rip apart these teams all you want I guess, as for me, I will congratulate anyone on a win no matter what the title may be. Celebrate, don't hate.

Multiple national championships has been around in all stars forever. It's nothing new so I've resigned myself to just enjoying the competitions no matter what they may be labeled. What I wonder is why do people have such a problem with teams celebrating their wins? No matter what the title is, if a team has worked hard and had to defeat other teams to earn it, who are we to tear them down and stomp on their win? It's like the ugly step sisters in Cinderella. Rip apart these teams all you want I guess, as for me, I will congratulate anyone on a win no matter what the title may be. Celebrate, don't hate.

No joke... Winning is becoming hard to do these days! I know in our area there are no more "gimme" competitions... Even small ones will have good, strong teams and pulling out a win is becoming harder and harder to do. It is rare to see divisions that have only one team in them, unless it is something out of the ordinary (mini 3, youth 4, etc). I think even our smallest competitions have had a youth 2 and mini 1 that are minimum 6 deep, and it is not even large gyms, but strong, smaller gyms that are tough to beat. I wish I knew where those "easy wins" were, because we sure didn't see them.

SparkleSpankies said:
Call me old, but I remember when cheerleading was not all about $$ and things were really an honor!

What wins aren't an honor? Besides competing against no one, who are we to say that a win is worthless? Idc who wins at GLCC bc that EP doesn't host competitions anywhere near us but that doesn't mean those winning teams aren't deserving.

I wish I could shimmy this a million times! Perfectly said. No matter where the win, competition is competition. Sometimes a win or two is all it takes for a team to gain the confidence it needs to excel for the season! A win is a win- let 'em celebrate!

I just see things different and I agree a win is a win especially if you do a good job. HOWEVER the title of this post had to do w/ legitimacy of nationals and I was expressing my opinion! I didn't even call out any orgs or teams.

I just see things different and I agree a win is a win especially if you do a good job. HOWEVER the title of this post had to do w/ legitimacy of nationals and I was expressing my opinion! I didn't even call out any orgs or teams.
Actually you called out the high school team in your area that claims multiple national champions (and they don't even do a cheer in their routine-gasp) but the point of this thread was to bash on anyone that advertised their national championship wins when they didn't win a "legitimate" national championship.
I understand that there are too many competitions labeled as national championships but so what? Who is being hurt by this? Do these lesser known national competitions lessen the wins of the almighty super duper national titles? I don't think it does.

I was simply providing an example, and how it was perceived by others.

I don't care, they are very good, when a teacher in their schood says they are always being national chamopions and no one is taking them seriously, I am just mentioning a point. Also most HS in the area don't have that style so we never see how they stack up to others b/c they are typically in a division on their own or w/ no more then 2 teams. Not once did I deny their talent, I stated my views and opinions on the topic at hand! It's a personal preference.

Back