All-Star Leslie Paczosa Summit- Photogrpahy

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

TheVipersMom

Biggest (stalker) Fan '14
Cheer Parent
Apr 3, 2011
Did anyone at the summit attempt to hire a photographer to shoot their child specifically?

This photographer met up with a friend right before performance as they went over where her child's placements were in the routine and this friend paid the young woman to take the photos.

The woman agreed to meet up after the performance to view some of the photos but the woman blew her off and didn't return texts till the following day saying she had to go after the performance to take photos of another child.

My friend was suppose to receive a disk with a bow two weeks after summit. My friend has yet to receive anything as the woman fails to respond for long time periods or does respond saying she did email some but nothing has been received. Currently my friend can't reach her.

I'm trying to find if this is an isolated incident or if others received the same treatment from her as money has been paid and no services have been received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They aren't friends so she can't post on her personal page but she has yet to hear anything back from her still. I just don't understand how you can take someone's money and not refund it if you didn't shoot or lost the pics. It is so dishonest and if you took them and just haven't had time then let her know that. She would be understanding. Don't tell her you sent them via email when you haven't and she wasn't even suppose to get them via email as she was suppose to get a disk and bow. Just ridiculous... I was just wondering if my friend was the only one burned by this woman.

If would be very Leary of doing business with this woman!!

They aren't friends so she can't post on her personal page but she has yet to hear anything back from her still. I just don't understand how you can take someone's money and not refund it if you didn't shoot or lost the pics. It is so dishonest and if you took them and just haven't had time then let her know that. She would be understanding. Don't tell her you sent them via email when you haven't and she wasn't even suppose to get them via email as she was suppose to get a disk and bow. Just ridiculous... I was just wondering if my friend was the only one burned by this woman.

If would be very Leary of doing business with this woman!!

Did she message her?

Or, if she paid by credit card, dispute the charge if there's still time. Also, report what happened to the Summitt (not sure who you'd do that to and how, but there's got to be a way).

I once had a videographer at a dance competition send me the videos of some other kid instead of my daughter, and then didn't respond to me for months even after I left repeated messages. I eventually emailed the competition where he was video-ing as a vendor, and wouldn't you know, w/in a day he called me - and then he fixed the issue w/in a week!

Or, if she paid by credit card, dispute the charge if there's still time. Also, report what happened to the Summitt (not sure who you'd do that to and how, but there's got to be a way).

I once had a videographer at a dance competition send me the videos of some other kid instead of my daughter, and then didn't respond to me for months even after I left repeated messages. I eventually emailed the competition where he was video-ing as a vendor, and wouldn't you know, w/in a day he called me - and then he fixed the issue w/in a week!
She paid with cash, and the photographer wasn't really a vendor for the summit. Leading up to the summit she advertised as part of a cheer photography company for you to get pics of your kid for a fee and it includes the CD of pics and bow. My friend set this up with her who was very reachable on the front end.

After not getting return text/calls from the particular individual who done it after the two weeks passed she contacted the photo company and they said that Leslie no longer works for them. As my friend was very upset they said they (the guy owner) didn't even go to the summit. This was all Leslie's idea and he forewarned her he didn't know how she was going to do it but she proceeded to solicit her services. He said she no longer works for him (as I'm assuming she must of done something else or burned others from the summit because the timing is weird) ... He was very nice and apologized profusely and he even tried to personally contact Leslie and get the photos.
I just can't imagine taking someone's money and thinking it was ok. I always go to competitions with limited cash and my daughter gets very little as far as extras and we don't buy photos but she is always on a team with multiple parent photographers so I get whatever they post online... If I was to spend my money on this and not receive them I would be kind of upset.

My friend said she doesn't even care about the bow she just wants whatever pics she paid for. They don't have to be edited or touched up she just wants some photos of her daughter.

I know hindsight is 20/20 looking back she said she wishes she did not pay with cash but it didn't really trigger in her head that this company that posts a lot of cheer photos would do that. Furthermore the woman was so very nice when they met up before hand to be paid and go over the daughters placements in the routine .. My friend even explained to Leslie that her daughters birthday was just under 2 weeks out and she wanted to maybe surprise her with one for her birthday and the woman was like oh I'm sure I can send you a couple good ones in time before her birthday no problem. I'm thinking this woman just puts on a great front to con people or it was an honest mistake and she lost or didn't shoot the photos for whatever reason but she needs to respond, and refund the money to her.

What method did the woman use to advertise? online, a flyer at the gym, a poster at the summit, etc? She needs to be reported to whatever "cheer organization" that she used to access the cheer parent audience w/ her advertisement. Also, I've never been to the summitt, but how is the photo area set up? Did she go in a special area to take the photos, or just go with the parents of the team and just take them from the crowd?

This is why I rarely trust companies that won't accept credit cards - especially for a good or service that's delivered at a later date.

Being that they were a vendor at the comp.....I would recommend getting in touch with Varisty customer service. Good luck!

Back