All-Star Let's Discuss Worlds Scoring

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So I was curious if this happened in 2012 as well. Our team did make finals last year and I remembered that we went later in the order. So the top 10 teams last year in SSC went this order in semi finals - 17, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29, 32 There were 33 teams in semi finals last year. Brandon and Smoed went 17th and 20th. So I guess last year was somewhat of the same thing. Teams 1-10 would have been the at large bid teams, but still seems very heavy on the end of the order.

Interesting....

i accidentally posted this question in the videos thread, but does anyone have the score breakdown of the all girl medium senior division.

I've collected some scoresheets I've found online, and figured I'd post them all in one place for those who want to see them or are looking for them:
b6eyjb.jpg

GT Black's 1.5 Deduction was for a double that did not go all the way around, it went 1.5 around. The judges reviewed the video tape for over 15 minutes to come up with the deduction. I was not aware that not making it around all the way on a double was a deduction.

How would this affect the scoring and the data, if all teams were to compete in the same uniform and unnamed to the judges? No team voice over’s would be allowed. In essence the judges would be scoring the true routine and not the team.

How would this affect the scoring and the data, if all teams were to compete in the same uniform and unnamed to the judges? No team voice over’s would be allowed. In essence the judges would be scoring the true routine and not the team.
See my response above :)

I've collected some scoresheets I've found online, and figured I'd post them all in one place for those who want to see them or are looking for them:
International Open 5 Finals
1zzmkhf.jpg

Out of curiosity, how much does execution effect the building score at Worlds? On paper, I'd say these building scores are backwards. I'd say it should go Pink, then GWs, then VAS, then Sparkle, but obviously Cali's execution was much higher than the other 3 teams.

Out of curiosity, how much does execution effect the building score at Worlds? On paper, I'd say these building scores are backwards. I'd say it should go Pink, then GWs, then VAS, then Sparkle, but obviously Cali's execution was much higher than the other 3 teams.

All the score sheets are available here:
USASF.NET

International Open All Girl 5 is here
http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM2//Worlds/2013/Docs/scoresheet_2013_agl5-int.pdf

Stunts Diff: 35 Execution: 35
Pyuramids Diff: 35 Execution: 35
Tosses Diff: 25 Execution: 20
Overall Diff: 0 Execution: 10

Total Diff: 95 Execution: 100

95+100 = 195

Building is worth 65% of the 300 total marks available
(Tumbling is 10% and Choreography is 25%)

GT Black's 1.5 Deduction was for a double that did not go all the way around, it went 1.5 around. The judges reviewed the video tape for over 15 minutes to come up with the deduction. I was not aware that not making it around all the way on a double was a deduction.

The 2013 CheerleadingWorlds Deductions
http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM2//Worlds/2013/Docs/Worlds_2013_Cheer_Deductions-Explanation.pdf

First section "Stunt Bobbles/Athlete Bobbles" - second item listed "Incomplete twisting cradles"

Edit: Wow - just looked again, that was a very close division between first and second! That one little deduction was more than the difference.

This thread is facinating and looks like somethings need adjustments...if you are scheduled to perform first in your division you might as well not even show up. Has ANY team going first made it thru?
On another scoring/placement question has CSP forced others to adopt her strategy?...come to worlds with a plan B after day one scores and palcements are announced. This is the second year in a row she has successfully made adjustments based on day one scores and come out on top.

This is why i like CSP, she came into worlds with a plan B, if not even a Plan C depending on how they did on day one. i feel like alot of teams come into worlds, praying they hit both days and dont try to adjust or change their problem areas.
i get that one night doesn't give a team enough to change a whole lot, but clearly it can be done.
people may hate on cheer extreme, but in the end they were smart in doing what they did.

This is why i like CSP, she came into worlds with a plan B, if not even a Plan C depending on how they did on day one. i feel like alot of teams come into worlds, praying they hit both days and dont try to adjust or change their problem areas.
i get that one night doesn't give a team enough to change a whole lot, but clearly it can be done.
people may hate on cheer extreme, but in the end they were smart in doing what they did.
Their plan B, from what I know, was a different stunt. This stunt was practiced before worlds and was ready to go. The music was Plan never thought of...but thankfully for them, JR was able to do it on the fly.

Their plan B, from what I know, was a different stunt. This stunt was practiced before worlds and was ready to go. The music was Plan never thought of...but thankfully for them, JR was able to do it on the fly.
i knew about the stunt being an option. whatever the case, she wanted to change something for day 2 and did whatever possible to make it happen.
same as last year for them, they changed some tumbling that didnt hit day one, etc.

i knew about the stunt being an option. whatever the case, she wanted to change something for day 2 and did whatever possible to make it happen.
same as last year for them, they changed some tumbling that didnt hit day one, etc.

Lots of coaches have a plan A, B, and C. She also had the luxury of Day 1 not mattering and having to worry if they made day 2. That doesn't take away from their win at all. It more means their strategy could not have been applied to more places than Large Senior.

Lots of coaches have a plan A, B, and C. She also had the luxury of Day 1 not mattering and having to worry if they made day 2. That doesn't take away from their win at all. It more means their strategy could not have been applied to more places than Large Senior.
Except for MAYBE large coed, where the majority of teams are making it through anyway..but besides those two divisions, how often do you even GET the chance to used a plan B or C?

Back