All-Star Let's Discuss Worlds Scoring

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What would be really good is if we had last years as well. BlueCat you don't have time and scores for last years ping pong ball teams do you?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

And confirmation this exists is when you make the dataset small enough judges are not as concerned with saving room. In medium coed there were so few teams competing for top 10 there was basically no advantage.

(am I the only one really enjoying this? my day job is inventory forecasting and regression analysis so I am geeking out over this a bit. )

Having statistics as a minor: I highly enjoyed this (probably more than I should). Please keep going! Mixing two of my favorite things (statistics and cheer) is awesome!

Having statistics as a minor: I highly enjoyed this (probably more than I should). Please keep going! Mixing two of my favorite things (statistics and cheer) is awesome!

Do we have last years? That would really be telling.

All the other divisions and days are lines up 'worst to best' so showing the Ping Pong ball bias discretely is near impossible.

Do we have last years? That would really be telling.

All the other divisions and days are lines up 'worst to best' so showing the Ping Pong ball bias discretely is near impossible.

I know that we had google docs at least the past 2 years.

This is the one for 2012:

Welcome to Google Docs

I found a 2010 worlds schedule (might help if the results are somewhere)
Welcome to Google Docs

The big words spreadsheet (with lots of results):
Welcome to Google Docs

There are actually schedules and results (with or without points) scattered all over the internet/fierceboard for the past years. In case someone has some time - it would be nice to have them all together in one document :)

I found a 2010 worlds schedule (might help if the results are somewhere)
Welcome to Google Docs

The big words spreadsheet (with lots of results):
Welcome to Google Docs

There are actually schedules and results (with or without points) scattered all over the internet/fierceboard for the past years. In case someone has some time - it would be nice to have them all together in one document :)

YOU MOTHER FRONT DOORING ROCK

We see it again in small coed.

Screen Shot 2013-05-01 at 6.52.07 AM.png

We see it again in small coed.

View attachment 139

Do you think that it is easier to hit later in the day because teams are not half-asleep anymore, and because those times are closer to their usual practice-times, which in turn would also lead to higher points later in the day?
I would love to figure stunt-falls /other mistakes into these statistics.

Small senior for last year shows the least Ping Pong Ball Bias. There is a small amount, but I would assume it is within tolerance. I would say there was no descernable bias for this last year in this group.

If there was no ping pong ball bias I would assume all groups would look like this.

Screen Shot 2013-05-01 at 6.54.27 AM.png

Do you think that it is easier to hit later in the day because teams are not half-asleep anymore, and because those times are closer to their usual practice-times, which in turn would also lead to higher points later in the day?
I would love to figure stunt-falls /other mistakes into these statistics.

A lot of that depends on the coach and the preparedness they take of the situation. That one is hard to determine exactly.

A lot of that depends on the coach and the preparedness they take of the situation. That one is hard to determine exactly.
It probably has too many variables. But I'd love to see your statistics with raw scores. That would at least eliminate the deductions-problem and show if the scores are only higher later in the day because the teams hit better.

It probably has too many variables. But I'd love to see your statistics with raw scores. That would at least eliminate the deductions-problem and show if the scores are only higher later in the day because the teams hit better.

So if the ping pong bias is based off time (so they hit better later) or if it is based off judge bias?

So if the ping pong bias is based off time (so they hit better later) or if it is based off judge bias?
Yes.
I glanced over the routine comments for SS and SC for Saturday and just judging from going over the comments quickly the routine mistakes seem to be pretty even throughout the day. So I guess higher scores later in the day might actually be based off judge bias.

Yes.
I glanced over the routine comments for SS and SC for Saturday and just judging from going over the comments quickly the routine mistakes seem to be pretty even throughout the day. So I guess higher scores later in the day might actually be based off judge bias.

Which admittedly was by design. It was said in the Worlds scoring this is perfectly acceptable. Which means the judges understand this is correct and we have statistical proof this is correct. So... the question to ask is:

How much a disadvantage is it to go early? How early in the order if you are going do you have no hope of making it to the next day?

Back