High School Lets Talk Football!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 8, 2010
I don't know about you guys, but one of my favorite things about cheering for high school is football season. I love it almost as much as I love competition. I'd like to have a place where we can all talk about our schools team(s). I figure once the season officially starts every week we can all come and brag or complain about the outcome of the game. But for now what are some things you're excited for pertaining to football season?

I cannot wait for homecoming and our rivalry game! When we play our cross-town rivals, all squads wear their uniforms to school, and in the morning we congregate in the common area in the front of the school and paint faces, then we stay after school and hang signs and get ready together, and the game is awesome! Literally everyone in town comes, and it's so much fun! Is it August yet????

Hair curling and sparkles, football poms, assembly dances, pregame tailgates... But most of all Football/cheer after parties! It's one of the reasons I'm glad I didn't make varsity pom but did make varsity cheer :)

I will definitly miss cheering at high school football games, but I'm excited to movie on to bigger and better things at NFL games :)

My favorite was always the home coming game...well basically the whole home coming week!

My school and town is really small, and we are all a close community, so each game is really special :) Everyone gets really into it, and our team usually goes undefeated each season (which is awesome because last season our football team had 16 players), and we play pretty big schools too! We have a "milkcan game", where we play our rivals, they are about 7 miles away. Whoever wins gets to keep the big milkcan for the year, one side is painted blue and says 'fortuna wins', and the other side says 'ferndale wins', and has all the dates each side won. It's been going on forever :) It's a huge game, that everyone gets into... and my school has about 168 students, and fortuna has about 1,600 kids. We tend to beat them almost every year :)

I love football games! We were always the first people on the field getting ready and it was just awesome to see it go from us being the only ones there to hundreds of other people sitting in the stands. I also love when it's the perfect weather, you're not sweating to death but you don't need body suits/warm ups to keep you warm either.

I wish football was as popular up north as it is down south! The games around my area in Maine are ehh okay (FREEEEEZING) my school is so bad. theyve gone 1-15 in the past two seasons. We've had the same coach for the past 4 years hes some head honcho of the seeds of peace organization if anyone has heard of that? hes all about teaching morals and not the actual sport lol. he was so bad at coaching someone put a petition up at a local store to get him removed.. it worked. but whatever new coach new season hopefully the boys will pull off a win this year! haha

I wish football was as popular up north as it is down south! The games around my area in Maine are ehh okay (FREEEEEZING) my school is so bad. theyve gone 1-15 in the past two seasons. We've had the same coach for the past 4 years hes some head honcho of the seeds of peace organization if anyone has heard of that? hes all about teaching morals and not the actual sport lol. he was so bad at coaching someone put a petition up at a local store to get him removed.. it worked. but whatever new coach new season hopefully the boys will pull off a win this year! haha
Awhh :( Thats so sad. I hope you guys have a really awesome season this year!

I live in a small town not far outside of chicago and we're a stereotypical football town. Everyone in town comes to the games. I can't imagine it any other way. For the first time in school history our team went undefeated in the regular season only to the lose the last playoff game before state. :( We went 12-1. This year our football slogan is Make It Happen so thats what were planning to do!

My favorite game is our rivalry game too! Our rivalry is known as the oldest in the state and even people outside of our 2 towns get into it.

I seriously could just sit and talk about football forever<3

Our rival game is really the best. My school is only 5 years old and we all went to middle school together and got seperated when we went into highschool. It's so much fun to see all of our old friends! And there's also a big trophy that the winning team gets.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I love football in general. I'm not cheering high school this year, but last year I just loved getting ready for games and being the only ones allowed on campus until the game. Even though our football team kind of sucks I still love those close games where my voice is gone from the yelling and screaming. I just love the whole atmosphere of a football game, hence it is on of my favorite sports! (besides cheerleading of course)

Awhh :( Thats so sad. I hope you guys have a really awesome season this year!

I live in a small town not far outside of chicago and we're a stereotypical football town. Everyone in town comes to the games. I can't imagine it any other way. For the first time in school history our team went undefeated in the regular season only to the lose the last playoff game before state. :( We went 12-1. This year our football slogan is Make It Happen so thats what were planning to do!

My favorite game is our rivalry game too! Our rivalry is known as the oldest in the state and even people outside of our 2 towns get into it.

I seriously could just sit and talk about football forever<3

yeah i did football cheering my junior year and doubled up and played field hockey the same season, it rained every single game that i was able to attend due to field hockey games. I was sooo miserable! seeing our team get completley smashed by every other team got old. i wish football was more popular! thats how it is for our field hockey team, we made it to finals every single year of my high school career and one states once. so everyone came to watch us till all the kids in high school hated our team cuz we won allll of our games and they all sucked haha

the rivalry game at our school promotes its self the biggest rivalary game west of the Mississippi river. lol. but it does get pretty intense.

My oldest CP's high school made it to the 5A state playoffs last year. She was captain of the freshman squad so she and her 2 co-captains were allowed to cheer during the playoff games at the Dallas Cowboy stadium. It was so exciting for me as a mom to see her cheer on the sidelines of that famous football field. Our high school dropped down and is now in the 4A division. Everyone's expectations are that we are going to the state playoffs again this year. If that's the case, then her whole JV squad will be able to cheer at the Cowboys stadium which will be exciting for the girls that didn't get to last year.

My oldest CP's high school made it to the 5A state playoffs last year. She was captain of the freshman squad so she and her 2 co-captains were allowed to cheer during the playoff games at the Dallas Cowboy stadium. It was so exciting for me as a mom to see her cheer on the sidelines of that famous football field. Our high school dropped down and is now in the 4A division. Everyone's expectations are that we are going to the state playoffs again this year. If that's the case, then her whole JV squad will be able to cheer at the Cowboys stadium which will be exciting for the girls that didn't get to last year.
Oh my gosh that would be amazing! Our playoff games are played at their respective schools while the state game is played at University of Illinois. I wish we did it like you guys!

Back