High School Let's Talk Socks...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Indiana is very UCA so you will see crew socks here more often than not. High school uniforms also tend to be more simple here, rather than flashy, so they usually look good and I like them. There's really no need to buy them from varsity...just get a 12 pack or two of them from kohls or something to save a lot of money.

Waaaay back in the day, the middle school in our district had the varsity crew socks with the little megaphone on them. It looked very retro rah rah rah. I wasn't a big fan. Plus there was always one that forgot their special socks to wear for gameday or mom forgot to wash them etc etc etc. :banghead: ............

If you are going to do crew socks, keep em plain and simple. Many of the traditionally strong "stunting" high schools seem to wear them, especially for UCA.

Waaaay back in the day, the middle school in our district had the varsity crew socks with the little megaphone on them. It looked very retro rah rah rah. I wasn't a big fan. Plus there was always one that forgot their special socks to wear for gameday or mom forgot to wash them etc etc etc. :banghead: ............

If you are going to do crew socks, keep em plain and simple. Many of the traditionally strong "stunting" high schools seem to wear them, especially for UCA.
those socks are my true fear with this whole thing.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

On the up side, if the team is forced to buy crew socks, at least they will be in high fashion according to college/sorority girls these days :p haha
2upwoqb.jpg

There was no fundraising for camp clothes. It was all out of pocket.

I think fundraising went to warm-ups. We have a few more planned, but small town and bad economy don't add up to lots of good fundraising.

My chest gets tight just thinking about that... I hate spending money and would never make my kids spend more than $200 (for all new stuff) if I were a coach.

Last edited:
My chest gets tight just thinking about that... I hate spending money and would never make my kids spend more than $200 (for all new stuff) if I were a coach.
That included shoes and four different camp outfits: four shorts, three tank tops, two bra tops (to wear under tanks), one tee shirt, and a spirit jersey.

I am about ready to suggest that they wear the three tank top outfits as practice wear. I think that it would get some more wear out of them. They can't wear the tank tops to school any way. They would look more like a team at practice.

That included shoes and four different camp outfits: four shorts, three tank tops, two bra tops (to wear under tanks), one tee shirt, and a spirit jersey.

I am about ready to suggest that they wear the three tank top outfits as practice wear. I think that it would get some more wear out of them. They can't wear the tank tops to school any way. They would look more like a team at practice.

I am surprised that some schools still do not use their camp wear as their year round practice wear (provided they are in a warm state if they have tanks)! We have always done it that way, granted we would usually buy t-shirts.

Usually there were 4 screen printed shirts, 2-3 shorts, and 2 hair bows (one white, one school colored that we could match with multiple outfits & uniforms). For the remaining shorts, depending on the preferred style that year, the girls were just told "plain black soffees" or "plain black nike tempo shorts", "plain black nike pros 2.5 to 3 inch" etc. (picture was emailed out to the parents) so for the 99% of the team that already owned that type of short from previous years, you did not need to necessarily buy more.
M-Th the girls had a designated shirt out of these 4 to wear to practice. Friday was a free outfit day for practice wear since we had to bring our pep rally & gameday wear. It made things very easy....."monday is blue t shirt day for practice, tuesday is always white t shirt day, wedn is always red t shirt day, etc etc". Even if someone forgot their specific t-shirt, they would wear the same color shirt (to try and avoid extra conditioning for bringing the wrong thing LOL...did not always work out for them.....)

Don't teams wear their camp wear for the rest of the year as practice wear? Is your coach actually thinking of making the parents buy more clothes to use as practice wear? #RIPwallets

Don't teams wear their camp wear for the rest of the year as practice wear? Is your coach actually thinking of making the parents buy more clothes to use as practice wear? #RIPwallets
I don't know that most schools around here have actual practice wear. It is usually wear whatever you want, but most don't compete.

I am friendly enough with the coach that I might suggest it to her. Tell her about it being easier to spot who is off and all that stuff.

Our choreography is 92$, which we were able to talk the guy from 150$ per girl. We are totaling at 450 total, that includes choreography, three practice wear outfits, 3 bows, warmups set, hoodie, fleece headbands, socks, bags , and 2 pair of briefs.

Our choreography is 92$, which we were able to talk the guy from 150$ per girl. We are totaling at 450 total, that includes choreography, three practice wear outfits, 3 bows, warmups set, hoodie, fleece headbands, socks, bags , and 2 pair of briefs.
That reminds me that we bought a pair if red, sparkle briefs too. We wear them with a light grey uniform. I think we can wear plain black with our red uniform.

I still need to get clear raincoats for my cps.

I make bows and charged for only materials. $30 for 6 bows, but I will probably end up making 7.

How much do you guys typically spend in a season?
Our cost is about $700. $275 for apparel (camp wear, 1 camp "uniform"), $65 for shoes, $50 for choreography, $11 for bows, $194 for camp (commuting), $27 for camp meals, somewhere around $70-100 for warmups (not yet ordered). Plus we paid comp fees but I'm forgetting how much they were. If you're new you also have to buy poms. The good news is (for underclassmen) they won't have to buy warmups, poms, or the uniform again so it'll be about $250 less next year assuming they get all new apparel.
Then people spend more on optional apparel - my mom and I both got spirit jerseys so it was another $90, but that obviously was our decision.

Back