All-Star Level 2 Question!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 7, 2010
Hi there, I was just wondering at a varsity competition would it benefit me to add in single based stunts (base , back, flyer) would it add to my score or is it the same amount of points with doing a regular single leg stunt, (2 bases, back, flyer)

I am just trying to max out the score sheet & I want to know what will help me! Thank you!!

It's all relative. It shows strength and more difficulty. Is it worth more? Depends on what you're doing in it. Mine do half up to stretch with base and back and quarter turn cradle.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

It will help you because you will have more groups up so more difficulty and more points if executed right. If you add more but they fall you will get less points than if you were to have less stunts go up and them all hit

I'm pretty positive that 2 mans don't help u much at all in level 2,

We don't have them and we are consistently high point or 2nd for high point at every comp (and yes big comps). We just couldn't fit them in with the amount of time, but our stunting KILLS, and there is so much going on and no one seems to notice we don't have them but we have a bunch of super difficult elements that we execute flawlessly that you couldn't do a 2 man with anyways.

y5u4e3yz.jpg

And yes you can still score in the high sub range. (Read the last line in the high subrange)

We don't have them and we are consistently high point or 2nd for high point at every comp (and yes big comps). We just couldn't fit them in with the amount of time, but our stunting KILLS, and there is so much going on and no one seems to notice we don't have them but we have a bunch of super difficult elements that we execute flawlessly that you couldn't do a 2 man with anyways.

y5u4e3yz.jpg

And yes you can still score in the high sub range. (Read the last line in the high subrange)
It depends on the competition you go to. For Jam Brands, to max out the quantity score, you have to have at least one group of kids with fewer than four. See the stunt grid, right hand side of the page here, where the specific number of stunt groups required is broken down by number of kids on the team and where you'll score in the quantity section:
http://www.jambrands.com/JAMScore/Cheer/1314AllStarRecScoringInfo.pdf

It depends on the competition you go to. For Jam Brands, to max out the quantity score, you have to have at least one group of kids with fewer than four. See the stunt grid, right hand side of the page here, where the specific number of stunt groups required is broken down by number of kids on the team and where you'll score in the quantity section:
http://www.jambrands.com/JAMScore/Cheer/1314AllStarRecScoringInfo.pdf

Haven't been to a jam brands comp in years! We don't go to them. In fact we did a lot when we lived in TN but it seems like here in Texas they aren't that big! I was just really trying to answer the person who posted that asked about varsity since that's all we go too.

Although I miss Jammy. He was my favorite and I love their competitions! Thanks, though I learned something new:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't been to a jam brands comp in years! We don't go to them. In fact we did a lot when we lived in TN but it seems like here in Texas they aren't that big! I was just really trying to answer the person who posted that asked about varsity since that's all we go too.

Although I miss Jammy. He was my favorite and I love their competitions! Thanks, though I learned something new:)

I totally missed that the OP asked about Varsity specifically. Apparently I shouldn't respond to threads at 6 am! Doh!

I have seen clean routines win over more difficult ones at every event! So I would say that while they can always help, it is more important that the athletes take the floor with complete confidence in their skills.

See I'm in the opposite boat this year. I've seen some clean not difficult routines get beat by routines where there was incredible difficulty but someone fell. I have in the past been able to score where a team should fall at awards for example that is number 1. Etc. but this year at almost every comp have been off.

y5u4e3yz.jpg

I hope you don't mind me asking, I recall your cp is on stars vipers but I can't remember your team name! I am going over the varsity scoring system with our coaches tomorrow and would love to be able to show a video of your team given they won alot last season.

I hope you don't mind me asking, I recall your cp is on stars vipers but I can't remember your team name! I am going over the varsity scoring system with our coaches tomorrow and would love to be able to show a video of your team given they won alot last season.

Yes my daughter is at Stars Vipers. Last season she was on youth 2 Pure Poison. They did win a lot last season but this routine did have two mans in it but I'll still post it for you though...
it wasn't their best performance but it's the best quality video I have!

Her team this year junior 2 royal rattlers does not have 2 mans but they are way better! Unfortunately I don't have a video of them yet! :/

However since were talking about scoring I do have a better video for you.

This is our sr3 who won NCA got a paid bid to Summit from there and then won Summit in the largest Summit division .. They always had the highest perfection so I'd say their routine was pretty good for that score sheet!

I watched Varsity's video on judging and when they are taking about the basing category they specifically mention that to get in the high range for all-girl teams, 2 mans are not required to max out - they want to see as many kids as possible being used during stunts without front spots. That being said, if you do the exact same stunt sequence with 2mans instead of a regular 3 base group, you MAY score higher within the range your in because there are more stunts in the air and it is more impressive to do a half up prep or lib/tick tock/lib sequence/press extension/cradle with less bases.

I personally have always had two mans in my level 2 routines because we score higher within in the high range with them. However, depending on your creativity and other stunts you do during the routine, you can definitely get that same score without them, just like Star's Vipers does.

ETA: If you go to Varsity Training Videos and watch the "building skill" video, Justin starts to talk about the basing category at 2:58

I watched Varsity's video on judging and when they are taking about the basing category they specifically mention that to get in the high range for all-girl teams, 2 mans are not required to max out - they want to see as many kids as possible being used during stunts without front spots. That being said, if you do the exact same stunt sequence with 2mans instead of a regular 3 base group, you MAY score higher within the range your in because there are more stunts in the air and it is more impressive to do a half up prep or lib/tick tock/lib sequence/press extension/cradle with less bases.

I personally have always had two mans in my level 2 routines because we score higher within in the high range with them. However, depending on your creativity and other stunts you do during the routine, you can definitely get that same score without them, just like Star's Vipers does.

ETA: If you go to Varsity Training Videos and watch the "building skill" video, Justin starts to talk about the basing category at 2:58
Yes that is is my understanding also. I just really wanted to get hold of a video of a team without 2mans in who scored well in the HIGH range.

Yes that is is my understanding also. I just really wanted to get hold of a video of a team without 2mans in who scored well in the HIGH range.
I can't think of anyone in this area who isn't doing 2 mans.

I can't think of anyone in this area who isn't doing 2 mans.
All good, I haven't found one yet either. Hopefully a video will appear of the Stars Vipers team so I can compare it to other routines that did include them.

Back