Level 2 Youth - What Is The Highest/biggest They Can Enter/win?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 26, 2012
What is the highest/biggest competition that a Level 2 youth could enter and win? Last year my daughter was a level 1 mini and we went to US Finals and won (for our region). Is their an even bigger comp. they could have done last year besides US Finals. I have heard of Worlds, but I don't think 8yrs olds can go to Worlds -lol-, don't know if her interest will stay until she is old enough for that. Also, what about solos, how far can you go with a solo? Thanks :)

Not to take away from your daughter's team's accomplishment, because it is something to be proud of, but US Finals is not a prestigious comp in my opinion. In fact the US Finals comp in our region was one of the least competitive Nationals in our area this year. Athletic Championships, Spirit Cheer and Spiritfest were much bigger in terms of number of teams and quality of competition. NCA Nationals, CHEERSPORT Nationals, UCA, Jamfest Supernationals, and Battle at the Capital are some of the best competitions for levels 1-5.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Not to take away from your daughter's team's accomplishment, because it is something to be proud of, but US Finals is not a prestigious comp in my opinion. In fact the US Finals comp in our region was one of the least competitive Nationals in our area this year. Athletic Championships, Spirit Cheer and Spiritfest were much bigger in terms of number of teams and quality of competition. NCA Nationals, CHEERSPORT Nationals, UCA, Jamfest Supernationals, and Battle at the Capital are some of the best competitions for levels 1-5.

I disagree about U.S. Finals. It's not so much the regionals, though ours being the Va Beach one it's usually huge, it's about the overall rank. Even though you didn't compete against them directly, it's like having 30+ teams in your division

I disagree about U.S. Finals. It's not so much the regionals, though ours being the Va Beach one it's usually huge, it's about the overall rank. Even though you didn't compete against them directly, it's like having 30+ teams in your division
We can agree to disagree. I have seen the national US Finals rankings. Most competitive gyms are not on there. US finals events conflict with worlds and are too late in the season.

quitthedrama - US finals (rank 3rd) conflict with Worlds, my daughter is 8yrs (a few weeks shy) I don't even think Worlds is something to think about, she isn't old enough for it -lol-. Last year was her 1st year, one must have a starting point. Truth is, I am not driving her miles away for a bigger gym, not at this age if ever (we are a small rural town no one has ever heard of :)You mention the Jam brand, I have seen postings on other boards that put the Jam system down. My daughters team did win a jacket from "Jamfest Nationals" last spring. Then like US Finals, their is more the one Jam Nationals. Are some systems more widespread then others? For example US Finals only had one competition west of the rockies. Cheersport, NCA and Vasity are they more popular in different regions of the Nation then others?

cheermominar I mentioned Jamfest Supernationals, which is a different level of competition than the many Jamfest national events held around the country. I am not trying to put down US Finals. A question was asked and I gave my opinion. Our old gym attended US Finals every year. I feel that the competitions our current gym attends are superior in terms of level of competition so I was just trying to answer the question you asked. Good luck to your CP's team this season!

What about solo's, do any comps./systems have them at their champion levels?
I haven't seen solos at basically any of the competitions we've been attending. With our last gym we did but we went to a different variety of competitions with them and they tended to have them sporadically, but I've never heard of a major national competition having a solo division (or course I haven't been to NCA or Indy so I just don't know about them).

I'd say this much, US Finals is fine, our last gym went to that. The new one went to All Levels (RIP) and has no interest in going to the Summit because of travel. We'll have a team at worlds and the 4s and 5s will have just been there for UCA. But, I agree with quitthedrama and her assessment of competitions. If you're looking to really call yourself a National Champion that means something, then you have to look to NCA, CHEERSPORT, Indy and UCA (probably in that order) to really have some meat behind the best of the best discussion.

My CP is 12, she's started as a mini 1 at age 6. She's a Jr 4 now working on her full. We're doing a multitude of stiff competitions this year (adding UCA...maybe we'll get NCA in another year or two) and this is what she said....unsolicited...to me the other day.

"I don't care if we lose everything else. The only thing I want from this season, is a CHEERSPORT jacket."

From the mouths of babes.

quitthedrama - US finals (rank 3rd) conflict with Worlds, my daughter is 8yrs (a few weeks shy) I don't even think Worlds is something to think about, she isn't old enough for it -lol-. Last year was her 1st year, one must have a starting point. Truth is, I am not driving her miles away for a bigger gym, not at this age if ever (we are a small rural town no one has ever heard of :)You mention the Jam brand, I have seen postings on other boards that put the Jam system down. My daughters team did win a jacket from "Jamfest Nationals" last spring. Then like US Finals, their is more the one Jam Nationals. Are some systems more widespread then others? For example US Finals only had one competition west of the rockies. Cheersport, NCA and Vasity are they more popular in different regions of the Nation then others?

The reason US Finals conflicting with Worlds is significant isn't about your daughter.

Prestigious competitions are that way because the high caliber of competition. Many highly regarded, highly competitive gyms (those that make a competition prestigious) will have teams attending Worlds. Therefore, those gyms will not plan to attend US Finals or any other competition that conflicts with Worlds. If those gyms won't attend, then the competition will never be as prestigious as those competitions that do not conflict with Worlds and can attract the highly competitive gyms to attend.

sum it up to you have to compete against the best to be the best and that is found at
Jamfest Supernationals in Indy
Cheersport Nationals in Atlanta
NCA Nationals in Dallas
these event producers have a slew of other comps but the ones listed above are the true Nationals and are more prestigious.

Basically - My husband had asked our coach about the the comp. schedule, and the coach told my husband he wanted to ask the parents. 1 - we could do the same amount of smaller comps, like last year or 2 - we could go to bigger comps and do less comps. Thus my daughter being 8yrs old, Worlds wouldn't be one of them, if she keeps up with this and is good then yes when she is older I may consider driving her out of town to a bigger gym that competes in this. Basically I don't need someone telling me "Worlds" is the one to-do 'cause she can't. I guess I just wanted to know so I could search and find out what sort of traveling these comps would entail. I assume you have to win a bid from one comp. to attend Nationals in the others stated in other postings. Website links would be helpful. I also have a son and I don't want my children to miss to much of school. Last year my son missed one day to many to be exempt from end of the year testing last year in some of his classes. I feel a majority of us parents would pick for the bigger comps, if we are truly given this choice. From the looks of the travel in the above post, the travel wouldn't be to bad, a bit more then what we where use to. Thanks

Basically - My husband had asked our coach about the the comp. schedule, and the coach told my husband he wanted to ask the parents. 1 - we could do the same amount of smaller comps, like last year or 2 - we could go to bigger comps and do less comps. Thus my daughter being 8yrs old, Worlds wouldn't be one of them, if she keeps up with this and is good then yes when she is older I may consider driving her out of town to a bigger gym that competes in this. Basically I don't need someone telling me "Worlds" is the one to-do 'cause she can't. I guess I just wanted to know so I could search and find out what sort of traveling these comps would entail. I assume you have to win a bid from one comp. to attend Nationals in the others stated in other postings. Website links would be helpful. I also have a son and I don't want my children to miss to much of school. Last year my son missed one day to many to be exempt from end of the year testing last year in some of his classes. I feel a majority of us parents would pick for the bigger comps, if we are truly given this choice. From the looks of the travel in the above post, the travel wouldn't be to bad, a bit more then what we where use to. Thanks

You don't have to get a bid to go to NCA in Dallas, Cheersport in Atlanta, or Jamfest in Indy. Depending on your gym, it might not be worth it to go to any of those 3 listed, it's entirely possible your gym would get killed there.

National Cheerleaders Association::NCA All-Star Nationals
CHEERSPORT Cheerleading and Dance Championships
JAMfest Cheer Super Nationals Indianapolis, IN

No one is telling you to go to Worlds, we understand that 1) your daughter isn't old enough and 2) is not on a level 5 team.

What state/part of the country are you in? What events did you go to last year? We can give you a list of competitive 2-day events in your area. "Bigger comps" doesn't have to mean either of those three listed above.

Basically I don't need someone telling me "Worlds" is the one to-do 'cause she can't.
Worlds isn't a competition to "do" but it's most assuredly the one to aspire to.

If you're setting yourself up to eventually be a Worlds caliber athlete (regardless of current age or level) you'll be in the right place, attending the right competitions.

Ashly - We are a small gym located in a small town in between Little Rock and Memphis. The comps. we where in last year off the top of my head: A few WSA, GLCC, various Jambrand (one two day) & US Finals. Actually doing the smaller local comps had a up side, being that with the bigger ones we'll have to travel more/further (I was able, last year, have my kids only miss one day of school for a cheer comp. Due to turning US Finals into a cheercation). The idea of turing all my vacations into cheercations isn't the most pleasing -lol- As for our gym being "killed" I can only hope our coach knows what he is doing (and coach if you are reading this, you had better make sure your choices for my cheercations are worth it -lol-). He does judge from time to time, of course I have no idea for what comps. hopefully he has been keeping tabs on worthy gyms and taking note :) Their is more then a image to the cheer world he needs to worry about, this town isn't that supportive of cheer. The coach will know what I mean, if he is reading this :) I will add, at the comps. I did attend. Sometimes gyms from bigger places (can't get much smaller then a town of 8,000) the teams appeared sloppy and out of sync, being that some of these gyms where from much larger towns I was surprised. I would think they would have a better pool to pull from. But then maybe they weren't the "GYM" in that larger town to be in if you where good? All in all we are newbies to this and the only reason this family has interest is due to my daughter's interest. Our intreast will only last for has long has she wants to-do it. I will add, like every cheer mom out their, I do think she has a talent for it. In her 8yrs of living, she has done just about everything that she has been able to-do :) Does something for awhile, then wants to try something else and moves on to something new. But then their isn't much else for her to try anymore -lol-

May I ask, when a smaller gym does attend these more prestigious comps. how well do they norm do? Are their a few unknowns that rock the floor, or have none ever done so? Thanks

Back