How Low Can You Go To Win Gold At Worlds ?

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by MrBob, Apr 8, 2019.

1. AllyCat

AllyCat I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    Allycat0019
    Twitter:
    AlySCheer
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Canada you get your bid the same season you would compete at worlds. B.C and Ont comp season is generally late nov- end of April. So teams would have to get the bid during that time. The only comp I am aware of is Sea To Sky in B.C that gives bids to the following year. You used to be able to attend that year or defer to the next year but I believe in recent years because it is so close to worlds/summit it was changed and now are the 1st bids of the next season. Aka this years teams have already won their bids for worlds 2020. Also Canadian teams can only win bids in Canada, can’t win them in the US. Which is another topic... (GW and Queens in past years definitely out scored teams and didn’t get bids at American competitions because of this rule) Not sure how the EU works tho I can only speak for Canada..

2. AllyCat

AllyCat I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    Allycat0019
    Twitter:
    AlySCheer
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    So what happened to Cheetahs 1st full paid bid? Was it given to the next eligible team at the competition that they won it at or did it just “disappear”?

3. Lisa Seye

Lisa Seye I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    It was given to the next team. Maybe because it was a paid bid versus an at large one. It went to WC shooting stars

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. luv2cheer92

luv2cheer92 Moderator Staff Member Bracket Winner Video Curator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Paid bids get passed down. If it had been an at-large, it would have disappeared.