Level 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 25, 2010
Transition / dismount

Let's say there's a prep in the middle 1 flyer on each side both braced by the center prep (*1 hand) and they do a braced straight ride and lands in a cradle.

The way I'm reading it its legal. Or must it be braced by both arms 2 other preps as well?!

Clarification Andre RulesGuy

Transition / dismount

Let's say there's a prep in the middle 1 flyer on each side both braced by the center prep (*1 hand) and they do a braced straight ride and lands in a cradle.

The way I'm reading it its legal. Or must it be braced by both arms 2 other preps as well?!

Clarification Andre RulesGuy
Video

We did a smush-basket when I was on level two, but it was unbraced.... does that mean it's legal braced?

Our J2 does this and the coaches were told they had to unload immediately after to count it as a dismount and not a release move. That being said, a team at American Masters did it last weekend on day 2.. So I'm assuming they didn't get penalized.

Our Sr 2 does it Underestimated. Haven't been called for it or anything, but I suppose that doesn't mean a darn thing.

This last sentence made me chuckle but also made me sad. It's very true. Do you have a clip of your team you can post to help the original poster? That way Andre or one of the rest of us can give some input. (In my mind, it's being performed beautifully legal, but the people in my head don't always translate well onto the mat.)

1 brace would also be legal. Since it's legal without braces it's legal with any number of braces.

Back