Level 3 Back Spot Grip

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 11, 2012
I know levels 1 and 2 back spots can hold above the knee. Are they allowed to hold that high at level 3 and above?

I know levels 1 and 2 back spots can hold above the knee. Are they allowed to hold that high at level 3 and above?

There aren't any rules about where on the leg that a backspot can hold- just rules about being under the foot for extended stunts. Although, I assume your backspot would have to be an amazon to reach higher than the knee in extended/L3 stunts...

As far as I know there aren't any rules regarding that. I backspotted on a level 3 tean last year&held wherever my flyer felt most comfortable that day. As long as your'e keeping the stunt up, judges don't care!

There aren't any rules about where on the leg that a backspot can hold- just rules about being under the foot for extended stunts. Although, I assume your backspot would have to be an amazon to reach higher than the knee in extended/L3 stunts...

The rules about being under the foot apply to all stunts, not just extended stunts.

The rules about being under the foot apply to all stunts, not just extended stunts.

Yesiree. I was trying to imply that certain grips under the foot would make them a base (and not a spotter), but I don't think it came out right. Thus, the reason that you are at the judges table and not me. :)

I was a backspot for a sr coed 3 team , I always held the ankle..I did have some saves though and that was when i was holding the tibia(whatever it is), I've neve held the knee before only when we do a half up:)

Back