All-Star ? @ Level 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Keep_Believing

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 11, 2011
I noticed at NCA many level 4 teams raw score was either around 78.0 or 80.0. What specific skills or elements tends to differentiate the teams starting at 78 v. 80 ?

There are a lot of different variables. How many are throwing tumbling? How many of those passes are true level and true level specialty? How many stunts are in the air? Do they have frontspots? How many transitions/dismounts are the stunts hitting? How many structures in their pyramid? How many transitions in their pyramid? Is the dance creative with level changes and foot work? Do they have creative transitions throughout the routine? How many jumps? Are the jumps hyperextended, level, below? Is there a variation of jumps and movement? How many tosses are being thrown? Is there variation and creativity in their tosses? How high are they getting? Is their routine visually appealing? How well are they performing it and keeping interest?

On top of all that...How well are they executing each area?

All of those questions, and I'm sure some that I'm forgetting will make the difference between an 80 and a 78.

Thanks, I am guessing there were differences in difficulty level of stunts and pyramids. I just don't have the experience/background to pick up on and recognize them. I appreciate it!

Thanks, I am guessing there were differences in difficulty level of stunts and pyramids. I just don't have the experience/background to pick up on and recognize them. I appreciate it!
No problem. Very often, it could be a difference of a tenth here and there. It doesn't necessarily have to be in difficulty. Execution is where you can make up a lot of ground.

Back