All-Star Level 6 Stunting

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Think of it as the skill that TGLC did in their pyramid in 2010 (and tons of other teams have done since) but backwards instead of forwards. It's the same concept.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

thank you for sharing this, i have actually never seen it before , i had to rewatch it 5 times to see if they let go haha
Crazy how the tiniest details make a stunt legal for lvl 5

thank you for sharing this, i have actually never seen it before , i had to rewatch it 5 times to see if they let go haha
Haha no problem. It was pretty controversial the first time they did it. A lot of people didn't think it was legal. Now it seems like it's done in like 1/2 of all level 5 routines.

Okay , so let's talk about Steels new stunt. Someone mentioned that it's legal because when they dip the flyers head is lower than her hips. But let's be honest it's still a rewind! I'm so confused as to how that tiny little bit makes it a level 5 stunt, she still does an unbraced flipping rotation
It's awesome, i love it, but i am a little confused
We have a solid rewind to block and we tried that stunt last night, it's harder than it looks,also because the flyer has more trouble getting her legs over in time to land the rewind. To me it is definitly a level 6 skill

Video?

That skill was LIFE:

Which skill in particular are we talking about?

They actually do let go though, the difference is that (and this goes for Steel's elite stunt as well) it's not exactly a full inversion, more like a ¾ "flip". What helps is pint pointing the flyer's head, if her head travels a full 360° then it's only legal in level 6, if it's less than that then it should be legal in level 5.

They actually do let go though, the difference is that (and this goes for Steel's elite stunt as well) it's not exactly a full inversion, more like a ¾ "flip". What helps is pint pointing the flyer's head, if her head travels a full 360° then it's only legal in level 6, if it's less than that then it should be legal in level 5.

The way I learned it was that it came from handstand stunts. If a flyer is in a handstand and can pop to her feet the traditional snap down way, why couldn't she then do it in reverse? Or to the side?

Because of that any time you're inverted you can exit the inversion going any direction you would want to go hypothetically. And USASF only defines an inversion as any time the flyers head is beneath her hips, so even though I'm sure they meant for it to be more "handstand" like, it opens up a lot of gray area for getting as close to lateral as possible while still being "inverted"

My thing is that a rewind, especially a group rewind, when done correctly, technically enters the same position. If the flyer lays back like she's supposed to and my bases drive her hips and legs, then by the time I flick her to finish the flip and go for the ankles she is definitely inverted with her hips above her head briefly while I am still in connection.

I've argued for a while that, done controlled enough, a big name team could definitely get away with rewinds. Does anyone know if the rules stipulate that it has to stop in the inverted position or anything like that? (TBH I am biased though as I have been saying for a while now that rewinds to below prep level should be allowed at level 5 if we follow the current skills progression provided by our rules where you can rewind with two arms at level 3 and one arm at level 4. But that's beside the point)

The way I learned it was that it came from handstand stunts. If a flyer is in a handstand and can pop to her feet the traditional snap down way, why couldn't she then do it in reverse? Or to the side?

Because of that any time you're inverted you can exit the inversion going any direction you would want to go hypothetically. And USASF only defines an inversion as any time the flyers head is beneath her hips, so even though I'm sure they meant for it to be more "handstand" like, it opens up a lot of gray area for getting as close to lateral as possible while still being "inverted"

My thing is that a rewind, especially a group rewind, when done correctly, technically enters the same position. If the flyer lays back like she's supposed to and my bases drive her hips and legs, then by the time I flick her to finish the flip and go for the ankles she is definitely inverted with her hips above her head briefly while I am still in connection.

I've argued for a while that, done controlled enough, a big name team could definitely get away with rewinds. Does anyone know if the rules stipulate that it has to stop in the inverted position or anything like that? (TBH I am biased though as I have been saying for a while now that rewinds to below prep level should be allowed at level 5 if we follow the current skills progression provided by our rules where you can rewind with two arms at level 3 and one arm at level 4. But that's beside the point)

Funnily i just talked to my bf about this exact rules thing like 4 Minutes ago
I was telling him about the stunt , because just last week, viqueens Allgirl from Norway did a rewind from a flatback for fun and i showed him the video and was like oh I wanna try this it looks fun
So yesterday I see steel do it in level 5 and I got really confused. Like you said , the rule saying head needs to be lower than hips for it to be legal just doesn't do it for me in this case. I mean i love the stunt, it's awesome, but it's still not level 5 to me as it , like you also said, is basically one of the positions the flyer goes through in a rewind from the ground. Also , it's harder for the flyer to pull the legs from that flatback position and get the rotation for the rewind , so I think it's funny that just because her head is slightly lower than her hips, this is allowed in level 5
I mean teams get deductions for flips not being braced all the way through in pyramids but then you are gonna make a rule that technically allows them to throw rewinds? Doesn't make sense to me

Usasf definition of inverted is: shoulders below waist and at least 1 foot above head

there are quite a few level 6 specific stunts, but they are not written as a rewind etc. Those are just the ones implicity meant for 6. as for front flipping stunts, watch our level 6 team from last year. they did a front tuck to straddle at chest level all year.

there are quite a few level 6 specific stunts, but they are not written as a rewind etc. Those are just the ones implicity meant for 6. as for front flipping stunts, watch our level 6 team from last year. they did a front tuck to straddle at chest level all year.
What team was that? :)

I recently rectified my USASF, and one of the questions asked what an airborne back rotational mount was (or something along those lines), and the only possible response was 'rewind'. And since they don't include level 6 in the recertification, they must be including it in level 5 somewhere

Back