All-Star Level 6 Stunting

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I recently rectified my USASF, and one of the questions asked what an airborne back rotational mount was (or something along those lines), and the only possible response was 'rewind'. And since they don't include level 6 in the recertification, they must be including it in level 5 somewhere
Pyramid maybe?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Pyramid maybe?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Not sure, as it never specified anything. No connections, nothing like that. It sounded to me like a regular rewind, as I was a little confused as to why it was included with the 1-5 recert.

Level 6/ Collegiate baskets terrify me but I have a lot of questions lol.

For flipping baskets do most programs want flyers to twist in one certain direction or is up to the flyer? Also are there any flyers who twist in one direction and tumble in the opposite? I know this is happens in double downs occasionally but I feel like with flipping baskets, and throwing fulls on the floor its much easier to get confused because the skills are so similar but are also so different. Whats the proper technique to perform a slipping basket I heard once at a college camp to throw your arms back asap and tuck your legs but that sounds dangerous lol.

Last edited:
Level 6/ Collegiate baskets terrify me but I have a lot of questions lol.

For flipping baskets do most programs want flyers to twist in one certain direction or is up to the flyer? Also are there any flyers who twist in one direction and tumble in the opposite? I know this is happens in double downs occasionally but I feel like with flipping baskets, and throwing fulls on the floor its much easier to get confused because the skills are so similar but are also so different. What the proper technique to perform a slipping basket I heard once at a college camp to throw your arms back asap and tuck your legs but that sounds dangerous lol.

Uhhhhh, that's how you travel backwards and kill someone.

I don't know how elite college or all-star teams feel about it, but if the flyer is a tumbler, I think it's easier for them to do a full basket the way they full on the ground. At least the teams I've been on, they've been able to twist whichever way they prefer.

Tucks are super easy to do. Easier than kick doubles, I think. Basically, ride, arms up and at the top pull shins over your head like with a tuck on the floor. As for fulls, out flyers full the same way they do on the floor. That may be the opposite of twisting out of stunts. We're always having to move people around to even out the direction of twisting in arabians too.

Back