All-Star Limitations Breed Creativity! (legal Tumbling Passes)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Question has been raised as to whether his hand whip whip double is legal. Andre says no.

Here is the rule regarding a double full:

Skills involving two twists (i.e. Double fulls) must be immediately preceded by a minimum of two backward traveling, non-twisting tumbling skills. One of these two skills must be a back handspring.

When I read this, the double is "immediately preceded" by the hand whip whip and they satisfy the rest.

In my mind the hand whip whip is two skills totalling three instances of those two skills.

Has anyone else read it as I did?

Question has been raised as to whether his hand whip whip double is legal. Andre says no.

Skills involving two twists (i.e. Double fulls) must be immediately preceded by a minimum of two backward traveling, non-twisting tumbling skills. One of these two skills must be a back handspring.

When I read this, the double is "immediately preceded" by the hand whip whip and they satisfy the rest.

In my mind the hand whip whip is two skills totalling three instances of those two skills.

I read it as a 'minimum' of two which makes this legal. Hand whip whip double is a 'minimum' of two skills that include a bhs. (3 skills that include a bhs.) had the rule not included the word minimum that pass would be illegal.
I do agree however that this rule needs a revision that includes more progressions to double whip double as legal. (Ie double whip whip double, full whip double etc.)

I read it as a 'minimum' of two which makes this legal. Hand whip whip double is a 'minimum' of two skills that include a bhs. (3 skills that include a bhs.) had the rule not included the word minimum that pass would be illegal.
I do agree however that this rule needs a revision that includes more progressions to double whip double as legal. (Ie double whip whip double, full whip double etc.)
I would also say that any rule that requires sentence diagramming to understand what is legal/illegal is probably not a greatly written rule.

I agree

THE HEIGHT THAT MAN HAS ON HIS TUMBLING

BEAUTIFUL.

I think a lot of the USASF rules are written in a way that can have many interpretations. I mean does anyone else think it's a problem when we need clarification? Maybe I just can't read very well....haha.

The minimum of 2 backward traveling skill makes BHS BHS BHS Double legal. Had it been written without the word minimum there doing more than 2 skills before the double would have been illegal.

The "One of these two skills..." part is truly limited to the 2 skills immediately preceding the double even if more than 2 skills were before the double.

Back