All-Star Majors 12-13

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So the question in the back of my head is...why "invite" teams but still force them to pay to compete? I feel as though more teams wouldnt decline if they were only required to pay for travel+hotel costs.

Just my opinion but there's already a competition that hosts the "Best of the Best" its called NCA All Star Nationals in Dallas, TX. I think that's why you see so many programs decline the invitation to go (ex. World Cup). They may not always win but specifically in the Large Senior division I have a hard time saying any competition is the "best of the best" if it doesn't include WC, CEA and F5.

I'm not trying to imply those are the only 3 teams in that division that are good enough to win but they're clearly at the top of the ladder. And there's a reason all 3 attend NCA every year without having to be invited.
I would argue that Cheersport might be closer for sheer number of teams, and it also depends on your division. I think NCA for some divisions is a great indicator, but it's not perfect. NCA is probably closest to Worlds without being Worlds, but then again it's a Varsity company and then you get that whole USASF/Varsity combo mess conspiracy...lol

Quality of teams? Cheersport and NCA are pretty close. NCA is still big, but Cheersport is MASSIVE. 2 pretty stacked small senior divisions? Yes please!

I would say NCA is the most prestigous event, and is put on much better then Worlds (but thats another story). I'm not a fan of the split divisions at Cheersport. 2 national champions in the same division just takes away from the prestige.

I would argue that Cheersport might be closer for sheer number of teams, and it also depends on your division. I think NCA for some divisions is a great indicator, but it's not perfect. NCA is probably closest to Worlds without being Worlds, but then again it's a Varsity company and then you get that whole USASF/Varsity combo mess conspiracy...lol

Quality of teams? Cheersport and NCA are pretty close. NCA is still big, but Cheersport is MASSIVE. 2 pretty stacked small senior divisions? Yes please!
I just wish cheersport's scoring system allowed them to keep large divisions together instead of splitting up.

So the question in the back of my head is...why "invite" teams but still force them to pay to compete? I feel as though more teams wouldnt decline if they were only required to pay for travel+hotel costs.

If invited to compete at the Major's, and you accept, there is no competition fee to the kids. (Their profit is made by pre selling as many tickets as possible and filling every seat in the venue with paying customer's. Which Jamfest did a great job with last year. If I remember right they sold out twice online and twice for people buying tickets in person on Friday night) Kids are responsible for their travel and hotel costs. (Well at least our kids were)

Just my opinion but there's already a competition that hosts the "Best of the Best" its called NCA All Star Nationals in Dallas, TX. I think that's why you see so many programs decline the invitation to go (ex. World Cup). They may not always win but specifically in the Large Senior division I have a hard time saying any competition is the "best of the best" if it doesn't include WC, CEA and F5.

I'm not trying to imply those are the only 3 teams in that division that are good enough to win but they're clearly at the top of the ladder. And there's a reason all 3 attend NCA every year without having to be invited.

Actually I don't think SE goes every year. mstealtoyou Is that right?

Cheersport (720) only had 11 more all star cheer teams than NCA (709) last season.

Thank you for sharing this. I have always wondered. Do you know where Jamfest rolls in?

Thank you for sharing this. I have always wondered. Do you know where Jamfest rolls in?
I don't have exact numbers but I would GUESS that technically they are the next largest competition but aren't that close (500 teams max?)

I don't have exact numbers but I would GUESS that technically they are the next largest competition but aren't that close (500 teams max?)

Thank you. I know they aren't as large, but just curious to the comparison. Does anyone know the next few big competitions? Maybe like a Top 10 Largest?

Thank you. I know they aren't as large, but just curious to the comparison. Does anyone know the next few big competitions? Maybe like a Top 10 Largest?
I actually just thought of Battle at the Beach.. might be bigger than Jamfest? Definitely close in size. Then probably BATC, American Grand, and UCA are all in the top 10.

I only did bid events last season and here are the 200+ all star cheer team events:
1. Cheersport - 720
2. NCA - 709
3. JAMfest - 494
4. UCA - 424
5. Coastal - 279
6. Spirit Sports - 272
7. Cheer Power - 252
8. ACDA - 246
9. Universal Spirit - 239
10. JAMZ - 227
11. WSA - 224
12T. WSF - 216
12T. - ACA - 216

There were a couple events I couldn't find results for and emailing the EP didn't help.

For 2010-11 I did a lot more events - Spirit Post Statistics | Spirit Post

I only did bid events last season and here are the 200+ all star cheer team events:
1. Cheersport - 720
2. NCA - 709
3. JAMfest - 494
4. UCA - 424
5. Coastal - 279
6. Spirit Sports - 272
7. Cheer Power - 252
8. ACDA - 246
9. Universal Spirit - 239
10. JAMZ - 227
11. WSA - 224
12T. WSF - 216
12T. - ACA - 216

There were a couple events I couldn't find results for and emailing the EP didn't help.

For 2010-11 I did a lot more events - Spirit Post Statistics | Spirit Post

Thank you Andre. Do you think any non-bid events are bigger?

Thank you Andre. Do you think any non-bid events are bigger?

For 2010-11 Spirit Sports Battle at the Beach had 348. It's not a cheer bid event so I didn't count for 2011-12.

I also keep hearing American Showcase is up there, but I couldn't get results for 2010-11 and it's not a bid event so I didn't look for 2011-12.

Back