All-Star Majors 12-13

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This past year was the 1st year SE has been to NCA since 09.

xtremeteal4life bOyRANGE is correct. I can only remember this because my big bit was there. LOL It's no secret that it's mostly been considered a "Jr" thing then we threw Youth Elite in there 2 different years and now it's the team's that she feels will have the most competition in their division. And with the Large Sr teams so spread out geographically, I think it's a good time to get to compete against some of their competitors before Worlds. Just my opinion of course! lol

mstealtoyou Thank You. Then my next question is why does it seem like so many teams are declining to go to majors this year if only travel fees are necessary?! I understand the bids, but if youre "invited" then I would assume that the team is talented enough to get a bid at others competitions...

mstealtoyou Thank You. Then my next question is why does it seem like so many teams are declining to go to majors this year if only travel fees are necessary?! I understand the bids, but if youre "invited" then I would assume that the team is talented enough to get a bid at others competitions...

I'm just a parent, so not an authority on much of anything. LOL But from my perspective it would be hard to ask their parents to add 1 more out of town competition that for many programs would include plane tickets and missing more school. On top of that these gyms might already have an "out of town" heavy schedule to get the best competition for their money as well as putting themselves into a good position to also get a bid to Worlds. Again this is just speculation on my part but as the one who has to get my kid to her out of town comps, it's what comes to mind first.

I only did bid events last season and here are the 200+ all star cheer team events:
1. Cheersport - 720
2. NCA - 709
3. JAMfest - 494
4. UCA - 424
5. Coastal - 279
6. Spirit Sports - 272
7. Cheer Power - 252
8. ACDA - 246
9. Universal Spirit - 239
10. JAMZ - 227
11. WSA - 224
12T. WSF - 216
12T. - ACA - 216

There were a couple events I couldn't find results for and emailing the EP didn't help.

For 2010-11 I did a lot more events - Spirit Post Statistics | Spirit Post
How many teams compete at Worlds?

As a spectator of Jamfest (not the Majors), but Jamfest...I felt like Jamfest ripped the heart out of their main competition. It was not the same not having the Majors competitors in the Jamfest competition arena with all the other teams. I don't know if this makes sense, but instead of having bon bons of teams sprinkled in the arena, they just weren't there. Unless you wanted to wait to the end of the day, IF you had bought a ticket. And from someone who had been there all day, it was like sitting through an interminable graduation ceremony except the one team who came out together. Of course, the performances were amazing, but the rest wanted to make me pull my hair out.

The Majors was a great event last year and our only complaint was the confusion/miscommunication about the prize for the winners. We were (and still are) upset about that particular fact, but the overall experience was a positive one for the athletes last year. It gave the chance for two of our teams to compete against some of the strongest teams in those particular divisions earlier in the season than normal (for us). We feel that helped both of those teams (Cheetahs & Panthers) have a fantastic season. (Both of those teams went on to achieve the VERY rare NCA-Worlds double and had arguably the best seasons of any all-girl and/or coed teams in the entire sport.)

For both teams, the majority of the athletes voted to attend. We aren't trying to make a statement about anything, validate anyone's particular philosophy, or show support for any particular group. We simply feel that positives for those two teams outweigh the negatives - so we are going.

The Majors was a great event last year and our only complaint was the confusion/miscommunication about the prize for the winners. We were (and still are) upset about that particular fact, but the overall experience was a positive one for the athletes last year. It gave the chance for two of our teams to compete against some of the strongest teams in those particular divisions earlier in the season than normal (for us). We feel that helped both of those teams (Cheetahs & Panthers) have a fantastic season. (Both of those teams went on to achieve the VERY rare NCA-Worlds double and had arguably the best seasons of any all-girl and/or coed teams in the entire sport.)

For both teams, the majority of the athletes voted to attend. We aren't trying to make a statement about anything, validate anyone's particular philosophy, or show support for any particular group. We simply feel that positives for those two teams outweigh the negatives - so we are going.
Great Post! Any "new" or "better" communication in regards to the "prize" for this seasons Majors?

Great Post! Any "new" or "better" communication in regards to the "prize" for this seasons Majors?
To my knowledge, there are no special prizes beyond what you would normally receive at an event. However, team pay no entry fee. (Which saves thousands compared to a "normal" nationals.)

Back