All-Star Majors Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Don't agree with the large coed outcome. If you drop it should be a done deal that you will not walk away champion. And I would say that for any team....
Im gonna have to disagree with you. DIFFICULTY. Even if a team does drop and win they still have the difficulty to push them through and its completely fair considering they do harder skills then the opposing team. Hitting is a very important part of a teams routine but so is difficulty. if it was based on keeping your stunts in the air people would be doing straight up libs every year.

Im gonna have to disagree with you. DIFFICULTY. Even if a team does drop and win they still have the difficulty to push them through and its completely fair considering they do harder skills then the opposing team. Hitting is a very important part of a teams routine but so is difficulty. if it was based on keeping your stunts in the air people would be doing straight up libs every year.[/]
THIS is the problem with cheer! After watching nearly 18 hours of cheer this weekend across all levels I think the mentality of throw it in the air and pray it sticks needs to stop being rewarded. People were talking about the lack of energy in the halls. I think that a lot of it was due to either people holding their breaths waiting to see if anyone gets hurt or were so underwhelmed by shaky performances that there was nothing to cheer about. Again, this was across ALL levels, not just the beloved 5.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Earlier today, I was reading this entire thread since I didn't the actual night of the majors and by page 21, I found myself too entertained to realize that I was 10 minutes late to work.. :rolleyes::oops:

never did i say that a team should throw difficult skills that they are not ready for. difficulty is not the problem with cheer because if it was that would also be a problem in gymnastics. Gymnast do hard skills all the time but they are executed well also. A combination of both is what we need. We should focus on cleaning the hard skills rather than saying they are not ready for them and they shouldn't do them. the problem with cheer is not the skills the athletes are throwing the problem is the lack of professionalism and structure in the sport.

In terms of jumps I would say that SSX had not only the best lines but out jumped everyone else at the majors.

And I know I'm late to the pony show/stars' jump section venting thread BUUUTTTT ACE Warriors again have me in love with that pyramid. :cloud9:

never did i say that a team should throw difficult skills that they are not ready for. difficulty is not the problem with cheer because if it was that would also be a problem in gymnastics. Gymnast do hard skills all the time but they are executed well also. A combination of both is what we need. We should focus on cleaning the hard skills rather than saying they are not ready for them and they shouldn't do them. the problem with cheer is not the skills the athletes are throwing the problem is the lack of professionalism and structure in the sport.

Actually the difficulty versus artistry is a pretty big debate in the gymnastics world right now. That is why American gymnasts with European lines (such as Kyla Ross) are so highly valued by Marta. International judges prefer the leaner, longer body type over the compact, muscular body type even though it is less conducive to throwing big skills.

I would say that there was no doubt that SSX had a great routine. They were awesome! All of the teams had good parts to their routines, too. Remember, it is still early in the season. There are many great routines to come!

I would disagree with what some people were saying about how loud (or quiet) the event was. The crowd always gets quiet when mistakes start happening, and when NO ONE is hitting a routine it is hard for the fans to get excited. I think it was pretty darn loud in there overall, however when teams were messing up there was not as much cheering. I wouldn't blame that on the event itself, but on the teams execution. That place would have been a mad house had every team hit perfect, and people were still going bonkers regardless.

I am definitely late to the party but there were a lot of umm "issues" at The Majors. It is really hard to go crazy about a team that won with so many errors. After watching today I am kind of surprised by some of the results.

I haven't mentioned this yet but am
chiming in on the whole "crowd enthusiasm" debate.

This was my first majors so I have no point of reference. However.... I've been to CHEERSPORT when some of these teams were there and tried (emphasis on tried) to watch them.

I will unequivocally say, yes Majors was FAR more tame than CHEERSPORT but I (for one) was very happy I could sit in a seat without crazed teenage girls standing on chairs and losing their minds so no one behind them could see anything without standing on chairs as well. I actually thought about that during the performances, "gosh it's so nice I can sit down and SEE and no one is standing on chairs."

I missed all of UK at CHEERSPORT last year because people stood on chairs right in front of where wed been sitting for 45 minutes.

Maybe that's because us fuddy duddy old parent types were pretty much at the front of the room. I did hear wild screaming but it all came from well behind me. Surrounded by all the parents like we were near the front may be why everyone thought it was all dead and boring.

SSX was the team of the weekend for sure! So totally and completely impressed with them. They are so solid and consistent. Definitely pulling for them this year!

I've made my predictions very clear at the December X Evolution........Get ready for the Shark Bite!!

Actually the difficulty versus artistry is a pretty big debate in the gymnastics world right now. That is why American gymnasts with European lines (such as Kyla Ross) are so highly valued by Marta. International judges prefer the leaner, longer body type over the compact, muscular body type even though it is less conducive to throwing big skills.

You completely missed my point. I was saying that in gymnastics difficult skills are executed well the majority of the time as in cheerleading difficult skills are rarely executed well if at all. BUT instead of persecuting teams on how they need to do easier skills persecute teams on how they need to clean up their difficult skills because yes a team with clean easy skills is solid but a team with clean difficult skills is even better.

Back