All-Star Majors Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Was the majors always just a one night short comp? I don't know why I'm drawing a blank.

Yes it was - just a short competition on Friday night.

Really love the new choreo SSX has! Hoping they would increase the difficulty for the second stunt sequence before the pyramid

I just searched the whole thread and couldn't find anything.. does anyone know why SE does one jump to back and then three jumps with no tuck or anything after? Doesn't that hurt their score not tumbling after three consecutive jumps?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm sorry if this was answered already but if the majors are only a one night comp then why do it on a friday night? I just don't get why you'd make these teams miss school when it's not necessary.
Idk if this is the reason, but the first year it was on Saturday night while Jamfest was going on and some people were upset that they couldn't watch the majors since they were competing at the same time. I'm not sure why but last year they switched it to Friday night.

Wow. I haven't had time yet to watch all the videos, but the ones I have have been very disappointing. I know in November everyone said, "It's only November... Give them a break." But it's January, and this is the MAJORS. I hope these teams clean up these routines soon. :(

And I know this is dumb, but what does LBOD stand for??? I've been trying to figure it out forever and I just can't. I know what LB is, but what. is. OD?

Wow. I haven't had time yet to watch all the videos, but the ones I have have been very disappointing. I know in November everyone said, "It's only November... Give them a break." But it's January, and this is the MAJORS. I hope these teams clean up these routines soon. :(

And I know this is dumb, but what does LBOD stand for??? I've been trying to figure it out forever and I just can't. I know what LB is, but what. is. OD?

Lady bullets or die

And did kids complain about floor? Because so many people busted their tumbling and I was wondering if there was something wrong with the floor. And to all teams....It January....get your $hit together. Way to many mistakes.

Amazing performances last night, very entertaining - should be a great season! A big thank you to those who kept us updated and posted videos!

I don't know how ANYONE could say any of these large senior teams had any sort of good execution. Tumbling not making it around, people omitting left right and center, flopping around/falling out of cradles, errant knees/feet in full up immediate skills. I'd say Panthers/SS probably had the 'better' execution in stunts and Stars looked a bit more awake, but on the whole that was more than seven shades of not cute. I get that these skills are hard, and god bless SE because that pyramid is intense, but something is missing in large senior. Perhaps SSX stole all the awesome for themselves. :D Not sure I would have chosen winners the same, but I'm not familiar with Jambrands score sheet and even I know Stars always does well on it. Not sure it's indicative of the rest of the season.

It should be illegal for SS to win with those jumps, though. You can't tell me they're being fixed when they had horrid jumps at last years worlds and we're now hitting january and I feel like they just get worse.

ETA: I haven't seen GBE, so I don't know what they looked like. But LB looked off and LL has great potential. Cheetahs (minus falls) looks SO much better. Cleaner too.

totally off topic but if they dont recognize by name what do they do?

My school doesn't do it. We get our diplomas in the mail. They have everyone stand up and declare us graduated and we switch our tassels. A lot of people skip it because it's on the football field, long, hot, and you don't get individual recognition.

The year after I graduated they added another event, so you split up by college/department after the big graduation and you get announced there I believe.

I was fortunate enough to have an honors program ceremony before graduation where I got my tassels to wear at graduation and my parents could see my wall across the stage.

Latest posts

Back