All-Star Making A Comeback After Significant Weight Gain?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i am doing the master cleanse diet aka spring break hahah and i am on day 2 and it is pretty much torture (my chef made chicken pattys for lunch :( wahhh )

You rock my socks:) I ran on the treadmill tonight and cut 5 minutes off my 2 mile time from last week... keep those updates coming, everyone:)

that is great! I have been working out since Friday and today I met with a personal trainer. It made me realize how much work I have to do but I feel SO good! I have been doing 1 hour of cardio every day and today I started weight training so I will be switching it up every day. I have actually lost 6 pounds already! I guess it helps that I am still young so my body bounces back very quickly. I have also been VERY conscious about what I am putting into my body. Lots of protein and vegetables. I will continue to keep you all updated! :)

p.s. I LOVE THIS THREAD and I am LOVING the updates from everyone! kyyyyyyxo, throwing standing tucks?! THAT IS AWESOME! and num1stunta, cutting 5 minutes off of your 2 mile time is amazing! It is so inspirational to hear how everyone is doing!

loving this thread too! i'm not cheering anymore, but i'm still trying to get fit.

i ran a timed mile a couple days ago. 7 minutes and 39 seconds. i'm trying to get it down to seven minutes flat. so if anyone has good cardio exercises send them my way!

i am doing the master cleanse diet aka spring break hahah and i am on day 2 and it is pretty much torture (my chef made chicken pattys for lunch :( wahhh )

Welcome to my life... going to family dinners when you're Italian and can no longer eat pasta, potatoes, or bread is TORTURE lol

that is great! I have been working out since Friday and today I met with a personal trainer. It made me realize how much work I have to do but I feel SO good! I have been doing 1 hour of cardio every day and today I started weight training so I will be switching it up every day. I have actually lost 6 pounds already! I guess it helps that I am still young so my body bounces back very quickly. I have also been VERY conscious about what I am putting into my body. Lots of protein and vegetables. I will continue to keep you all updated! :)

p.s. I LOVE THIS THREAD and I am LOVING the updates from everyone! kyyyyyyxo, throwing standing tucks?! THAT IS AWESOME! and num1stunta, cutting 5 minutes off of your 2 mile time is amazing! It is so inspirational to hear how everyone is doing!

LOVING IT:) Protein and vegetables is pretty much all I'm eating at this point also. Idk if you have Whole Foods near you, but they sell Shirataki noodles, which are Japanese low-carb noodles. I actually really like them, and I've made them with everything from vegetables to seafood to chicken in the last few weeks. They also sell a low-carb whole wheat bread called "When Pigs Fly"... HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

I took the last 2 days off, because of work/preparing Cheersport things for my team (excuses). I definitely need to get back on the treadmill tonight. This morning, I got to work and was able to move my belt to the next smallest notch WOOOOOOO:)

Welcome to my life... going to family dinners when you're Italian and can no longer eat pasta, potatoes, or bread is TORTURE lol

LOVING IT:) Protein and vegetables is pretty much all I'm eating at this point also. Idk if you have Whole Foods near you, but they sell Shirataki noodles, which are Japanese low-carb noodles. I actually really like them, and I've made them with everything from vegetables to seafood to chicken in the last few weeks. They also sell a low-carb whole wheat bread called "When Pigs Fly"... HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

I took the last 2 days off, because of work/preparing Cheersport things for my team (excuses). I definitely need to get back on the treadmill tonight. This morning, I got to work and was able to move my belt to the next smallest notch WOOOOOOO:)

I LOVE WHOLE FOODS!!!! The closest Whole Foods to me is in Princeton which is like 20-30 minutes away. I don't go there too often but I do have an organic grocery store in my town and there is a pretty good health food section at the local Shoprite. I'll try to find some good substitutes for those! I'm not worrying too much about my carb intake...I'm just trying to keep my sugar intake under control which is REALLY hard for me considering I have a major sweet tooth. I also feel your pain with the whole Italian/pasta/bread situation. I'm not Italian but living in New Jersey means I definitely eat like an Italian. I love bread and pasta so instead of cutting them out of my diet completely, I've switched to whole wheat bread and pasta.

I also didn't go to the gym today :( Yesterday's session with the personal trainer kicked my butt a little too hard. I've had constant muscle spasms in my lower back all day. I feel a little guilty but I know that my body needs a day to rest. I'm still feeling really good about my progress. It has been exactly a week since I've started my journey to change my life and I'm feeling strong.

soFIERCE08 - GOD BLESS YOU FOR RUNNING A MILE IN UNDER 8 MINUTES!!!!! That is great!

This morning, I got to work and was able to move my belt to the next smallest notch WOOOOOOO:)

Almost forgot, CONGRATS!!!!!!! That is the most wonderful feeling!! My clothes have been fitting a little bit looser as well so I know EXACTLY how you feel!! Keep up the good work! :) :) :)

I am a failure... I didn't run tonight:(... I was just so tired when I got out of work- 13 hours (excuse)

I am a failure... I didn't run tonight:(... I was just so tired when I got out of work- 13 hours (excuse)

aww, don't stress too much about it. sometimes, if i don't run at night, i do a crack-of-dawn run and get up at 5:30 to do a run. it makes me feel better for the rest of the day. or you can just add an extra bit to a workout tomorrow. :)

I don't know if you guys saw the "Cardio Workout" thread that ShowStopper posted, but I posted that I found this website that tells you the top ten activities for burning calories. It's really cool, running is 7th on the list! You can find here: http://www.shapefit.com/cardio-exercises.html

Btw, this has to be one of my favorite threads ever created. I am loving everyone's positive attitudes! Keep it up! And keep us all updated! :)

keep your head up! I find that if I don't work out in the morning, I won't work out at all. I also don't wake up TOO early because I know that will burn me out quicker. Tomorrow is a new day! You can do this Num1Stunta!

I somehow pushed myself to go to the gym this morning despite the fact that I am still in a lot of pain. I feel like I'm able to work out a lot longer now which is good! I have been eating TERRIBLY though. Today was my sister's birthday which meant pizza and cake :( I am trying not to beat myself up though. I know that it will take time to change my eating habits and I don't think 9 days is enough time. Back to the gym tomorrow morning!!

Just remember, tumbling alone isn't going to get you on a team...if you're a power house base and a fierce dancer, thats going to make all of the difference in the world! Your size doesn't limit you in any way, its your all around ability that matters. The fact that you are so determined to get back in is a huge step forward, and any coach would be lucky to have you in the team! Keep working towards what you want, and it will come to you! Good luck and keep us posted on whats happening. I could only dream of getting back on that floor one last time!!

Latest posts

Back