All-Star Making A Comeback After Significant Weight Gain?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

that actually sounds like a really yummy diet. this is my standard day
breakfast- apple, greek yogurt, or .5 cup of cheerios
snack- apple, black unsweetened coffee, sometimes a protein shake
lunch- mix of vegetables and some sort of protein(chicken or tofu or grilled fish)
snack- usually a piece of fruit and some nuts. sometimes i'll eat a piece of toast. and a diet coke.
dinner- some sort of a salad(no dressing), or a veggie with a bit of protein.

and this feels like i am eating a lot! i think it's because i don't like to eat meals. i just like to pick at things and toss a bunch of random bites together and call it a meal.

That's not eating a lot at all... it will get your metabolism going! Just be aware, it'll be successful for a while and then you'll hit a plateau, which is where the exercise comes in

good news for today though. i ran my 1 mile again and did it in 7 minutes and 21 seconds. that's 18 seconds less than my mile from last weekend! yay. and i ran 5 miles yesterday and did it in 45 minutes and 12 seconds.

good news for today though. i ran my 1 mile again and did it in 7 minutes and 21 seconds. that's 18 seconds less than my mile from last weekend! yay. and i ran 5 miles yesterday and did it in 45 minutes and 12 seconds.

You're a BEAST... It took me 30 minutes to do 2 miles this week lol

alright guys, i have a membership to the gym and now its time to start using it! and time to stop getting 400 cal cookies at lunch hour ... i need to stay focused!

alright guys, i have a membership to the gym and now its time to start using it! and time to stop getting 400 cal cookies at lunch hour ... i need to stay focused!

you can do it! to get myself to work out, i tell myself i can eat something yummy after i work out. so, get the cookie, give half to a friend, hit the gym and then eat half of the cookie!

I just read this thread and WOW.... what inspiration!!! A girl on our IOAG 6 team broke her ankle this week so I'm going in for Worlds and have to get in shape FAST! I'm doing Insanity 4-5 days a week, only eating whole wheat carbs, really upped my fruit and veggie intake and having moderate amounts of low fat protein and dairy. Any tricks anyone else uses? I need need need to keep my water intake up to keep me from snacking

Hypothyroidism and insulin resistance are my middle names...really. I was a size four and fierce at age 21, then by age 30, I was just angry and having a pity party. I had no idea what had happened. My mom suffers from adrenal gland issues and insulin resistance too, so go figure. Stick to the diet. It works better the longer you do it. In a while, you can eat what you want a couple of times a month without it really affecting you. The longer you stick to it, the more your system gets back to normal. As far as the hypothyroidism goes, follow the advice of a trusted physician. You may be able to do something all natural first, but I think you will find that the horror stories about synthroid are just that. A good doctor who knows their stuff will know the levels that are right for you. Hang in there. You are an inspiration.

How many of us have Insanity/are thinking about starting it?
I'd love to get a group of us on here doing it together!!

hey guys! I know I've been MIA for a few days but it's great to come back to some awesome updates! I didn't work out Friday, Saturday, OR Sunday and I completely shoved my face. I somehow managed to push myself to go to the gym yesterday and I kicked butt today :) To be honest, I have been eating terribly. I've been so good about working out but I've been eating basically whatever I want :( I did a lot better today minus a piece of cake...oops. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. On the bright side, I've gotten some great tips from your food plans! Keep em coming and keep up the good work everyone!!!! :)

Rice cakes with crunchy peanut butter and dark chocolate chips are amazing and great alternative for a cookie after a long day! Just had one... :)

Side note about exercise videos: in my experience, it is hard to stay motivated in a room by yourself with the TV. If you can, go to an actual class with others around you to keep you going, as well as an instructor pushing you for best workout. Or convince friends/family to do the workout video with you, you are less likely to slack off!
*I just tried candlelight yoga last night, which was great. Hip hop and zumba soon to come! I want to try a new class at least every week, this will definitely keep me motivated for now :)

Hypothyroidism and insulin resistance are my middle names...really. I was a size four and fierce at age 21, then by age 30, I was just angry and having a pity party. I had no idea what had happened. My mom suffers from adrenal gland issues and insulin resistance too, so go figure. Stick to the diet. It works better the longer you do it. In a while, you can eat what you want a couple of times a month without it really affecting you. The longer you stick to it, the more your system gets back to normal. As far as the hypothyroidism goes, follow the advice of a trusted physician. You may be able to do something all natural first, but I think you will find that the horror stories about synthroid are just that. A good doctor who knows their stuff will know the levels that are right for you. Hang in there. You are an inspiration.

Thank you so much!:) Yeah, I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, and STILL not done undergoing the search for a pituitary/adrenal tumor (Cushing's Syndrome)... not like a cancerous tumor, but just a microscopic one that likes to mess with everything in my body lol... I thought I was just about clear of that diagnosis until I got some test results back yesterday with some abnormal results:/ Elevated liver enzymes and Prolactin (No, I'm not pregnant)... I was upset about it for about 5 minutes, until I realized that I leave for Cheersport tomorrow, so that's the last thing on my mind lol

hey guys! I know I've been MIA for a few days but it's great to come back to some awesome updates! I didn't work out Friday, Saturday, OR Sunday and I completely shoved my face. I somehow managed to push myself to go to the gym yesterday and I kicked butt today :) To be honest, I have been eating terribly. I've been so good about working out but I've been eating basically whatever I want :( I did a lot better today minus a piece of cake...oops. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. On the bright side, I've gotten some great tips from your food plans! Keep em coming and keep up the good work everyone!!!! :)

Thatt's ok, I cheated for the first time in a month when I had italian food tonight with my friend. I ate FOUR pieces of bread with my mussels marinara. I don't feel guilty, honestly, because I think I deserve some damn bread every now and then lol... and also, because I plan on getting in a few workouts at my hotel when we're at Cheersport this weekend. :)

Back