All-Star Making Practice Fun

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 7, 2012
i want to spice up practice for my level 1 minis tonight we have been in comp mode :) ideas? also want to do this for my level 2 seniors too

I will tell you favorite thing our coaches do is put on music the kids like and have them pick a partner and do tumble runs across the floor criss cross style - not sure how well that would work with a level 1 mini but will tell you I have seen a level 2 mini LOVE IT! Also sometimes they just play some games. Ships and Sailors (not sure how this one works but they love it). Also this one that is like monkey and tree. One kid monkey one kid tree and the monkey must go all the way around the tree without either falling off and they all do it at the same time. Both games seem to be a hit.

For the seniors, some fun things we did for tough weeks:
-Themed practices. Animal Print Day, Crazy hair bow day, Gym colors day, neon day, etc. (If it's not safe to tumble/stunt in, then they can't wear it though). It makes practice more exciting to go to and makes for good photo ops. Throw in an occasional game or music that fits the theme for warm up & a quote to tie it all back to competing.
-Goofy run-throughs.....Call out something random & have them mark the routine as such (no skills just walkthrough): "Craziest facial", "One armed", "Ballerina style", "Siamese twins style (this one works best for just marking the dance) ", "Jelly arms", "Barbie style (no bending of elbows, knees, wrists, always with barbie hands!)". Just emphasize safety when doing this, so no one runs into each other or gets a little too into it. The kids can get kind of crazy sometimes depending on how ridiculous the theme is.

Most of my youth 1 is mini aged and they LOVE when we do full outs or run throughs and we give them a different emotion to act out during each routine with facials. They like doing angry faces or sad faces the best. I think I got the idea from someone on here and it's been amazing! The kids love it and think its a game, we can get a bunch of full outs done, and they're getting so much better at "performing" and being entertaining.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We did "mystery music" yesterday and it was a hit with some kids, others thought it was strange. I put our gyms CD on shuffle and had them do their routine to whatever music came on. It was fun to see them get so excited at some of the older senior teams music came on.

For older teams who are "cheerleb" obsessed, I'll put my ipod on shuffle and it will play anywhere from our gyms music two years ago to Cheetah's NCA mix. I've got a bunch of popular teams music that I run too or make them condition too and they love getting to do their routine to their favorite teams music.

Back