All-Star "males - Minimize Exaggerated Or Theatrical Movements"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Funny thing is when I first read the "no male theatrics" rule I thought it was referring to the beastly guy tumblers who pound their chest or "flick the dust" off their shoulders when they finish their pass (usually the last pass). Do you think those theatrics will be banned too????

Funny thing is when I first read the "no male theatrics" rule I thought it was referring to the beastly guy tumblers who pound their chest or "flick the dust" off their shoulders when they finish their pass (usually the last pass). Do you think those theatrics will be banned too????
I sure hope so. If we are limiting male theatrics then it better not be limited to "gay theatrics" (and I put that in quotes because I disagree) like shimmying and winking.

Nothing addressing this issue in the release today I see....

I was just about to say this. It doesn't seem like they were completely worried about the opposition to the image rules. I'm semi okay with these new rules for now, I can live with them, but the ridiculous image policy and this one statement has to go.

Well they just need to remove it all together PERIOD, because now that they know that we know the intent (admitted publicly or not) Anything they do short of taking it OUT of the guidelines completely will NEVER be good enough(and nor should it be). So lets work on an all or nothing point of view and remove it all together and never to be singled out (males) again. Because I'm offended everytime I think about what i read because I immediately knew who they were targeting when I saw that passes. The set up and placement of it was just down right disgusting (paraphrasing) Minimize Negative (big arrow) then under Athletic: (the wording that i won't even repeat).

Although I am surprised that they didnt jump on the chance to issue an apology, who wants a disingenuous sentiment? Im still very upset about this USASF is as clueless today and the day they wrote those words.

5uqp3o.jpg

Nothing special- but I'll be rocking this at Worlds with my sister.

LabbyGirlMOM

It was about $5 at vistaprint.com- it's one of their standard shirts "I <3 [insert whatever you want]". I had a Groupon (I'm getting married and we ordered our Save the Dates through here) so it ended up being about $0.43 ;)

The more the merrier!

What do you tell the girls when they want to walk around with their shirt off like the boys? Don't be mean...

When I was little I wanted to be a boy because my brother and all his friends could take there shirt off and play basketball.. And I couldn't. (pretty sure I was in 3rd grade)

So one day I did just that. I got about 7 houses down on my bike before I came back. I got embarrassed. Lol my mom totally let me she knew it wouldn't last long.

We went to competition this weekend and the single biggest show stopper was an approximately 12 year old male who redefined theatrical. He was AMAZING in dance and got the entire arena into that dance! That, my friends, is cheerLEADING! Wish I could remember the gym. All I remember is him!
Were you at AC in Myrtle? I think I know the boy your speaking of. Blonde haired? He was amazing and I cannot think of the team either.

Back