All-Star Maryland Marlins Merging With Maryland Twisters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i'm not sure i like this... though i don't cheer there or work there, so in the end my opinion has no merit in this situation.

i just keeping thinking back to the handful of kids i've met throughout the years who left twisters for marlins for whatever reason. no bad reasons, more of a need for a different atmosphere, different coaching styles, etc. and i feel bad for them. twisters is an awesome program, but one gym doesn't work for every kid. (not sure how close other gyms are - i'm sure they do have options... but it's like their parents just moved into a house they don't want to be in)

oh well, i'm sure they'll all figure it out! good luck maryland!

Every athlete has the option to either cheer at twisters or somewhere else so no one is being forced to cheer anywhere. However I do want to say that nothing is finalized when it comes to teams. We have evaluations this afternoon and we will know more about the situation after today. Welcome all athletes that has decided to transition over!

Good luck to everyone from both teams. You'll be incredible to watch. Save me a seat :tsnuami:

while this is good for both teams, i still feel sad. Don't get me wrong, twisters are insanely good, along with marlins. but....I loved marlins, they were kind of the underdog and they were really just beginning to get their name out there, with the majors and worlds. I was always a marlins fan...

Every athlete has the option to either cheer at twisters or somewhere else so no one is being forced to cheer anywhere. However I do want to say that nothing is finalized when it comes to teams. We have evaluations this afternoon and we will know more about the situation after today. Welcome all athletes that has decided to transition over!
Honestly though, how realistic is this option? I don't spend a lot of time in Maryland, so I don't know where other gyms are. Are there other options close by or is it Twisters or nothing?

Honestly though, how realistic is this option? I don't spend a lot of time in Maryland, so I don't know where other gyms are. Are there other options close by or is it Twisters or nothing?

I have gotten the impression that there is a gym on every corner out east. Not sure how true this is in Maryland.

I think the closest gym in that area is V.I.P athletics that is in Baltimore. Dream, Cheer Thunder, ECM, Nitros(?), Spirit Force ,and Crimson heat are at least 45 minutes away.

There are other gyms in the "area", depending on what an athlete is looking for and how far they are willing to commute. Crimson Heat, Dream, Cheer Tyme, Nitros, VIP Vipers, Spirit Force, Unique are some that come to mind off the top of my head. These are all gyms that have traditionally had athletes move to/from Twisters and between them as well, so there are options. Best of luck to all of these athletes!

I think the closest gym in that area is V.I.P athletics that is in Baltimore. Dream, Cheer Thunder, ECM, Nitros(?), Spirit Force ,and Crimson heat are at least 45 minutes away.

Also, very few Twister athletes actually live in Glen Burnie and very few Marlins probably live in Elkridge, so distance may be more or less than the distance from Glen Burnie/Elkridge.

I think this is an amazing decision, both gyms are extremely talented and amazing and I'm sure it will benifit all the athletes! But, its also going to be rough for some of the marlins athletes if their name is completely wiped and they lose the team name that has meant so much to them for so long! Its bittersweet for sure!

Back