All-Star Maryland Marlins Tsunami

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think that they will improve as the season goes on, but I hope that no one tries to pull the "it is still early" excuse because if there are bids being handed out already then it is no longer early so the excuse is out the window. I will say that the side view did very little to help people be impressed with them seeing as how it gives a good view of all the faked skills. Not sure why they would still be faking skills at a bid event in December. Never got to see the first vid that was posted so I can't compare if they improved since then.
I have to say, I really couldn't believe how many of the skills were "faked". At this time of year, there might be one stunt group on a team still struggling with hiting a stunt that might need to be watered down, or a couple of standing fulls that are still tucks, but this seemed like a disproportionately large number of skills that were "faked." A very revealing video.

It's mainly because pretty much 95% of the large all girl teams just couldn't succeed in their division. Cutting off your 6 weakest links can make you a strong team. If you look at all the teams who switched you can see the difference of how those 6 girls that you had to move up from level 4 makes.

Think of it this way. Panthers went from large to small last year. They took their 20 strongest girls from their 36, put them on the team, sent them off to worlds, and here they come back with a gold medal and rings on their fingers. Something they hadn't been able to do as large.

Okay now I see what your talking about. :) thanks for clearing that up!

I have watched Tsunami for 2 years and when I see them in Philly they are ok, then I see them again (batc or elsewhere) and they are good, then they go to worlds and they are amazing. Give them time and hey will be amazing!!! Love them.

You are right, they always improve a lot between December and April. While bid competitions are beginning, it is still early. This was their first time competing a full routine which they have had for at most 2 weeks (still a little confused about them competing with only a partial routine in Nov., but that's really neither here nor there). Historically Marlins are very liberal with allowing there high school cheerleaders to focus on fall high school cheerleading, which I think is one of the reasons for their slow start every year. HS cheer in Maryland is two seasons (fall and winter), almost none of these girls cheer the winter season, so that is when the focus really shifts to all star for them. So we will just have to wait and see how they develop as a team over the next few months :)

What is the point of hitting everything in December when you are too burned out as a team to hit it in April at Worlds? Or to hear the naysayers complain you didn't add anything to the routine since Dec? Give every team and program time to perfect skills, add in, take away, etc. and then in February thru April reassess your evaluation of them.

I LOVE TSUNAMI!!! I don't know what it is, maybe that they are always considered an underdog. To me the routine has a LOT of potential, I mean come on people you never know what is going on with a team unless you're on it. IT IS EARLY IN THE SEASON (giving out worlds bids or not) so there is DEF time to improve things. Also, they could have been hitting more but had a crazy warm-up so for safety reasons the coach watered it down. Whatever the reason, you can see the skills (stunts and tumbling) that they plan on having; and THAT has potential!!! Good luck TSU!!!

The TSU ladies never fail to amaze me by the time Worlds rolls around. The potential is there and they will put all the pieces together when it counts most. Besides, it's much cooler to be the team that came out of nowhere and rocked it, than to be the reigning superstar that falls apart when it matters most. Have faith in TSU!

I'm kinda shocked at the negativity in this post... Their standing tumbling already has way more difficulty in it than last year... and although I wish they did a little more all together in their stunt sequence, there are a lot of little gems all over the place in there. For December and just getting their music, I thought that was pretty good! I'm excited for them to keep getting better!

TSU has a lot of potential and I can't wait til they perform in Indy or Dallas. They are just like Secretariat...starting off with a little bit of mud being thrown their way but in the end they come out clean and shining. I watched them both days and they have several injuries on that team that have just happened. In talking with some of the girls I found out that one girl had rolled her ankle with some other injury and was told to have a boot or to not do any physical activity, another had a back injury and was as well told not to do any physical activity. Both of those girls were in the same stunt group and the flyer had the foot injury and therefore came down. The one with the back issue competed full out on day 1 and after competing was laying on the concrete floor in pain with ice on her back. Day 2 she marked everything but the stunts, pyramid, and dance. Watching the girls in warmups and out in the open area there were about 8 with back wraps on. As for fakers on the team, if they are ones with injuries then they will soon be doing those standing fulls once healed. These girls apparently are trained to push thru pain and keep going. Look at what they did at worlds last year. They kept going and even the cheerleader who tore her ACL was trying to keep going. I applaud these girls they will shine in the end.

Man reading this is so funny, CEA showcase had issues and all you hear is "they are amazing", SS dropped two stunts and pyramid issues "give them their rings now" F5 does well still some issues "the divas will reign again" (I didn't watch and break down all the lrg routines, just making a point). Common people, no one is perfect. I think people should wait till January to make judgments. For those attacking Tsunami, let me remind you that they have the heart that every program should strive for and are some of the nicest most genuine people I have ever met. Were they perfect, NO, are you?

Back