All-Star Maryland Twisters Expanding To Virginia

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 22, 2011
I found this on the Twisters website today, and thought there might be a few people on the board interested.

03/05/2012 - Twisters VIRGINIA
Twisters are polling our clients about interest in Northern Virginia location. We are investigating our options now! If you want to see a Twisters open a VA location, please fill out fill out and submit this form: form.jotformpro.com/form/20644817732960. The decision is up to you but the BEST wear Black & Blue!

I would assume they'd look at the Manassas area, but this will be a huge move for them. So many kids they could tap in to.

I think that this is being questioned since they took on small coed team that just won a bid. That team is out of Virginia and needed a gym to finish out the season with. I think it would be great to open a location out there and give those athletes a permenant home so that they don't have to look for a new gym after worlds.

I think that this is being questioned since they took on small coed team that just won a bid. That team is out of Virginia and needed a gym to finish out the season with. I think it would be great to open a location out there and give those athletes a permenant home so that they don't have to look for a new gym after worlds.
They actually took on 6 teams! SM SR Coed 5, Lrg SR Coed 4, SR 2, Youth 1, Youth 2, Mini, Tiny.

I don't like the idea of any gym expanding and just being a "franchise", going to different states, etc... But honestly, I'm not sure why! Its more a feeling. Soooo "McDonalds". While I like a Big Mac, fries, and a chocolate shake every other month or so, I don't want it in my face everywhere I go. For money making, it may be a great decision, I just think it minimizes the impact the original gym's power.

I think MD Twisters coming to northern Va(NOVA) is a smart idea seeing how Glen burnie and the area that they recently picked up is about an hour to an hour half away. Plus there are a lot of kids that live in Nova that drive to twisters to cheer. Everyone in this area has been wanting them to come here and now that is up for decision is great. Not to brag but Northern Va has the richest counties in america so tuition and paying for gas to get to the gym(where ever it is) won't be a problem. i just think for parents the thought of drive to Glen Burnie through the DC/metro area traffic turned them down from driving that far in the first place. They are just trying to find an area right now were the demand is high and were the gym can be successful

I can tell you that we are SO excited about Twisters moving into Northern Virginia. Tara is one brilliant woman, and knows what she's doing. She is going to make sure that the 'product' that Maryland Twisters will supply in Glen Burnie/Waldorf/Hopefully Virginia will all be indistinguishable through retraining of the Virginia staff, having Glen Burnie staff working closely in Virginia as they do in Waldorf, Twisters Choreo etc. This is all if there is enough demand! And things are looking GOOD!! :)

Expect big things from Virginia! It's about to get TWISTED!

I'm living in northern virginia all summer...I hope they find a place by then!

Back