All-Star Maryland Twisters Expanding To Virginia

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well, at least when we went to a comp there was a Fame team registered as "Stafford" under the location spot. Assumed that was northern va....maybe not? Or maybe it was a mistake on the performance order.

I wasn't aware they had a Fame team in Stafford. I know Beach, Midlothian, Yorktown, Suffolk, Roanoke, NY - but have not heard of a Stafford local. Roanoke I think was there new local last year. I personally don't see Stafford as NOVA but I know people who drive down to Stafford for another gym (USA All Stars) - it can be a long haul with traffic on 95 which is BRUTAL heading that way in the evenings from NOVA.

Yeah, I am not familiar whatsoever with Nova...however in college I had a roommate who was from Stafford and called it Nova when she talked about going home. I guess I just drew my conclusions from her. No worries. I don't see it listed on their FAME site, so apparently I am wrong.

I did however see them on the performance order listed as a Stafford location. Of that I am sure at least haha

Just thought of this thread....I never heard anything on a level 5 Twisters team out of Rockville, so I'm assuming this didn't get off the ground?

Just thought of this thread....I never heard anything on a level 5 Twisters team out of Rockville, so I'm assuming this didn't get off the ground?

While we maintain a great friendship with the Maryland Twisters, the athletes interested in cheering for Twisters want to be in Glen Burnie or Waldorf. I am sure they will have a fantastic season and we look forward to seeing and supporting them at competition.

On a side note. Shockwave Allstars has developed a fantastic level 5 team of its own (Voltage IOC5). We are excited for everyone to see them debut in January!

While we maintain a great friendship with the Maryland Twisters, the athletes interested in cheering for Twisters want to be in Glen Burnie or Waldorf. I am sure they will have a fantastic season and we look forward to seeing and supporting them at competition.

On a side note. Shockwave Allstars has developed a fantastic level 5 team of its own (Voltage IOC5). We are excited for everyone to see them debut in January!
How far is Shockwave from the VA border??? Not planning on crossing the border line currently but excited to always see more options in the area that are running level 5 teams.

I think MD Twisters coming to northern Va(NOVA) is a smart idea seeing how Glen burnie and the area that they recently picked up is about an hour to an hour half away. Plus there are a lot of kids that live in Nova that drive to twisters to cheer. Everyone in this area has been wanting them to come here and now that is up for decision is great. Not to brag but Northern Va has the richest counties in america so tuition and paying for gas to get to the gym(where ever it is) won't be a problem. i just think for parents the thought of drive to Glen Burnie through the DC/metro area traffic turned them down from driving that far in the first place. They are just trying to find an area right now were the demand is high and were the gym can be successful
I agree about the drive. When I was considering relocating to NOVA, I checked out Maryland Twisters but the drive was a deal breaker for me.

I agree about the drive. When I was considering relocating to NOVA, I checked out Maryland Twisters but the drive was a deal breaker for me.

How far is Shockwave from the VA border??? Not planning on crossing the border line currently but excited to always see more options in the area that are running level 5 teams.

It depends on what time of day you leave. 20 minutes with no traffic. But a whole lot more during rush hour.

It depends on what time of day you leave. 20 minutes with no traffic. But a whole lot more during rush hour.
Yes I know all about rush hour - it is truly the bane of the area - because now where ever you go add 30 minutes at the very least for rush hour - I can remember when it was pretty much only the beltway anywhere else and back roads you were good - sadly no longer the case.

Back