All-Star Maryland Twisters Expanding To Virginia

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not really pleased with the attitude of CheerTyme. Hey NOVA we are TAKING OVA... really? And in the promo video clip the voice over talks about all the other gyms being secondary. I get the need for hype, but that attitude just does not show class or respect. Sides if you have it - you don't need to act like that - they know you have it. To me it shows all talk and no action. You can come out and shout that you are the best without belittling the rest. I was willing to look at it and have heard they do some great tumbling but the values seem a little off for me to have my kids there at least now... think we'll be taking a wait and see attitude. Know some great cheerleaders planning to go there... hope the attitude they currently present is just to pull some people in and perhaps they realize if you are the best you don't need to talk smack about the rest.

I've found them to be pretty comparable - their monthly prices are all-inclusive, whereas other gyms in the area charge tuition plus a bunch of additional fees.
They have not given uniform prices out - some things will be optional but they have provided all the pricing details. Not much more than others locally but they are a bit higher -- still comparable

Not really pleased with the attitude of CheerTyme. Hey NOVA we are TAKING OVA... really? And in the promo video clip the voice over talks about all the other gyms being secondary. I get the need for hype, but that attitude just does not show class or respect. Sides if you have it - you don't need to act like that - they know you have it. To me it shows all talk and no action. You can come out and shout that you are the best without belittling the rest. I was willing to look at it and have heard they do some great tumbling but the values seem a little off for me to have my kids there at least now... think we'll be taking a wait and see attitude. Know some great cheerleaders planning to go there... hope the attitude they currently present is just to pull some people in and perhaps they realize if you are the best you don't need to talk smack about the rest.

Errr... that's not the way I took the promo video (as smack talk). "Northern Virginia, It is Tyme. Spread the word, spread the love. NOVA, we're taking OVA." Sure, it says something like "Cheer Tyme is so first place, and you're (they're? I couldn't really tell, lol) so secondary" because in the voice over secondary rhymes with legendary. Seriously, many voice overs talk the team up like this - please tell me you're joking? In my interactions with people from the organization, I've gotten nothing but positivity - no negative attitudes about anyone else, no mention of other gyms, just positive confirmation of what the gym could bring to my kid.

You're reading way to much into this. It's no different than having a v-o in a routine that says "We're taking over!"

Sorry I am serious not kidding, and that is great that your experience has not been that way ( I wish mine was not because this had really been something I was seriously considering)- that has not been my experience and I have looked at them and other gyms in the area.
The voice over is just an easy concrete example. To your point I am sorry I disagree - I have not heard many other voice overs from gyms that talk down others... you can build up yourself without needing to talk about others - both in promos and when talking about your program versus other programs. Rhyming is not a reason to talk down about others .. it falls directly against the USASF new etiquette guidelines about Sportsmanship -- if you are going to put that in the promo to showcase a program then I don't see a value placed on character and sportsmanship which to me is just as important as skills especially in a place that my child will spend so much time.
As I said I know people who I really like and who are planning on going there and talent wise it would probably be a benefit but what I have personally seen and what I have heard directly and from others makes them currently are not a choice for my child, and it is frustrating to me that a program that has a lot going for it feels the need to come out that way. Choices may have been meant to be benign and weren't thought out to be done in such way, but that doesn't change my dislike for them, and my opinion that such lack of care doesn't match up to values I expect from a place my child will spend so much time. I hope my experiences are not how it ends up being, I have no question about the talent that is there -- but my experiences have not been yours and I am more than a little frustrated by that.

You're reading way to much into this. It's no different than having a v-o in a routine that says "We're taking over!"
"we're taking over" in a routine is one thing presenting this as your image into a community is another....and really that is not the same as calling everyone else secondary -- it really has been an "attitude" that I have seen and heard from several people involved with the gym and as I have said I am glad others have not experienced it because I was excited about this gym but now have been very turned off -- I just think it is a shame to have to come in like that.. when you are the best you don't need even have to talk about the rest .

"we're taking over" in a routine is one thing presenting this as your image into a community is another....and really that is not the same as calling everyone else secondary -- it really has been an "attitude" that I have seen and heard from several people involved with the gym and as I have said I am glad others have not experienced it because I was excited about this gym but now have been very turned off -- I just think it is a shame to have to come in like that.. when you are the best you don't need even have to talk about the rest .

That rap/VO was not made in the gym, someone did it FOR cheer tyme, and it's been on their website for quite a while (i'm pretty sure long before Chantilly was in the works), for whatever it's worth.

ETA: the we takin' ova part isn't even a voice over...just a song used by MANY programs in the past several years.

That rap/VO was not made in the gym, someone did it FOR cheer tyme, and it's been on their website for quite a while (i'm pretty sure long before Chantilly was in the works), for whatever it's worth.

ETA: the we takin' ova part isn't even a voice over...just a song used by MANY programs in the past several years.
That is fine if they did not make it they still choose to use it and for me a gym that makes a choice to call out other gyms as being secondary, even more so when they are coming in new to the area, really is arrogant and not something I want my child to be a part of. This is just part of what has turned me off and it is all the attitude and not the talent (which I will say was impressive).... I just don't get it and don't want my child coming home acting like that. I think you can be the best and people will know it without having to act like a diva and disregard to others. I hope that what I see out of them in the future proves my initial opinion wrong, as I have said my experiences with them has currently turned me off.

Mom2Cheergirls while my daughter does not cheer at CT, I have friends that do have kids there.

i agree that you are reading way too much into the voiceover. it's hype and that's it. but you are entitled to your opinion and you choose where to take your daughter. almost every gym has an attitude that "they are the best". it's a competetive sport.

please note that what i have seen from CT's facebook page, they are constantly bonding with teams from other gyms and posting pictures of them together and supporting each other. please take a look at those before judging them by a promotional piece.

Mom2Cheergirls while my daughter does not cheer at CT, I have friends that do have kids there.

i agree that you are reading way too much into the voiceover. it's hype and that's it. but you are entitled to your opinion and you choose where to take your daughter. almost every gym has an attitude that "they are the best". it's a competetive sport.

please note that what i have seen from CT's facebook page, they are constantly bonding with teams from other gyms and posting pictures of them together and supporting each other. please take a look at those before judging them by a promotional piece.

I agree. And I would bet that the owners of CT would appreciate feedback about the promo video - I am almost positive that it wasn't their intention to put down other programs. Mom2Cheergirls - you might consider expressing your displeasure directly to them. Most good business owners appreciate both positive and negative critiques about their business, especially when the criticism is told directly to them instead of on a forum that they may not frequent.

Completely agree about your thoughts on CT. I think Cheer Tyme is one of the best gyms in terms of Sportsmanship . Every competiton we attend with them they are constantly bonding with other teams and coming to cheer other people on. I think they are a very classy organization.

Your reading way to much into this. We've been in their gym alot the last few weeks and absolutely no one has a "In your face attitude" toward any of the other gyms in the area. In fact they are complimentary of the other gyms and welcoming to all athletes regardless of where they cheer.

That is great that you all have not had that experience and to disagree. As I have said multiple times I hope that what I experienced when there and how I feel about the promo as an example of their style to be wrong in how the gym will be, but at this point I have been there and talked with people who work there it is not the attitude and style that I want in a program, and for me something sent out as an example of your business matters - it turned me off, which is the exact opposite that it was supposed to do, whether I am reading too much into it or not it was sent as a way to excite people about going and for me it did the exact opposite. I am sure others saw it and thought great tumbling and that is fine.

I wouldn't want to be a part of another program for the very reason of sportsmanship and respect that cheer tyme entails. I promise you the "nova we takin ova" is not intended to be belittling or cocky. trust me, half the voiceovers in the cheer world are wayyyy worse, it's just a basic motto that worked with NOVA. Crasher has entailed wonderful sportsmanship for our program and always supports everyone and their program regardless of the name. I'm sorry that you feel that way! The focus is to hype up the program and concentrate on skill and talent for the season to come, I couldn't be prouder to be a coach at this program and I cannot wait to see the talent at our chantilly location, I have heard wonderful things! Again, I'm sorry that you were offended by the motto, it wasn't to be taken personally to anyone but rather to make the kids excited!

Sorry I am serious not kidding, and that is great that your experience has not been that way ( I wish mine was not because this had really been something I was seriously considering)- that has not been my experience and I have looked at them and other gyms in the area.
The voice over is just an easy concrete example. To your point I am sorry I disagree - I have not heard many other voice overs from gyms that talk down others... you can build up yourself without needing to talk about others - both in promos and when talking about your program versus other programs. Rhyming is not a reason to talk down about others .. it falls directly against the USASF new etiquette guidelines about Sportsmanship -- if you are going to put that in the promo to showcase a program then I don't see a value placed on character and sportsmanship which to me is just as important as skills especially in a place that my child will spend so much time.
As I said I know people who I really like and who are planning on going there and talent wise it would probably be a benefit but what I have personally seen and what I have heard directly and from others makes them currently are not a choice for my child, and it is frustrating to me that a program that has a lot going for it feels the need to come out that way. Choices may have been meant to be benign and weren't thought out to be done in such way, but that doesn't change my dislike for them, and my opinion that such lack of care doesn't match up to values I expect from a place my child will spend so much time. I hope my experiences are not how it ends up being, I have no question about the talent that is there -- but my experiences have not been yours and I am more than a little frustrated by that.

Back