Matching Uniforms For Every Team?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 17, 2011
Do you like it when a gym has matching uniforms for every team, Matching uniforms for every team but there level 5 teams, Or when every team gets a different uniform?

I personally like it when every team has the same uniform except for there level 5 teams.

This is kind of tough for me. I like when all teams but level 5 has the same uniforms, but it really kind of seems like favoritism. Example: At a competiton Cheer Extremes at, you automatically know if someones on a level 5 team or lower based on their uniforms. So I really don't know what to say. It would be something to feel accomplished of/look foward to, to be able to get a new uniform when you make level and I guess it sets you apart since level 5 is the level.

This is kind of tough for me. I like when all teams but level 5 has the same uniforms, but it really kind of seems like favoritism. Example: At a competiton Cheer Extremes at, you automatically know if someones on a level 5 team or lower based on their uniforms. So I really don't know what to say. It would be something to feel accomplished of/look foward to, to be able to get a new uniform when you make level and I guess it sets you apart since level 5 is the level.

I feel the EXACT same way. I don't like when each team has a different uniform, i feel like it looks messy and unorganized, but that's just my opinion. I feel like each team should have the same uniform, so each team feels like it is treated equal. But i also think level 5 should have a different uniform because they are level 5.

my gym has all the junior and mini teams with all the same uniform and then senior coed 4 and level 6 have matching crop tops since we're the older ones in the gym but they have the same theme

boys in all the levels have the same

coachFIERCE said:
Yes. It's uniformity, cleanliness, etc. And it also helps enforce the idea that no team, regardless of level, is better than another.

More important. That's the negative spin it can give if not cultivated to breed an enviornment of encouragement and drive instead of jealousy and resentment.

I want all of my teams to look fierce so I give them all the same beautiful uniform but each with complimentary hair and make up for their ages and team style. I would consider changing the uniform for level 5 teams simply bc it IS quite an accomplishment but only if I felt like it would serve as a true motivational tool to my particular athletes.

I also like how CA has all new, different unis yet they're still unified by their logo and image. Very nice and I think it is now a signature look for them.

It really depends on how the program presents it though, bc there are pros and cons to each idea.

i think it depends on the gym and what their known for, if that makes sense. stingrays are all in the same uniform and it works for their program as its known for being super clean but some gyms are all different and for them it works too :) and i think its cool having the level 5s with something else- they are the best athletes from that gym and they get to stand out, and for the younger levels its kinda like something to work for.

Having the same uniform truly helps those gyms with multiple cross-overs- you never know if that kid is on 1 team or 4 - at my cp's gym all teams except our level 4 (thats our highest) have the same uniforms and up until this past season if you crossed to another team you had to purchase another uniform -which only adds to the expense of an already expensive sport. So there are pros and cons to this issue and I guess it depends on the gym.

Personally, I like what I've seen with World Cup - different unis for each team, but you still KNOW when World Cup is in the house. Colors are the same and everything. I think it gives each team something to be proud of because each uni is beautifully designed.

i think it makes girls feel like level five is better and they dont matter as much when they have the same uni 1-4 but different for level 5 i think it needs to be same all around or a different one for each level just to boost girls confidence in cheer so they ddont feel like they dont matter as much as level five i think it would be cool if there was a worlds for level 1-4 so just level five didnt go even maybe a 2-4 because level one is still an intro to cheer and it would be alot for some girls but i think it would be cool if they did things like that for the other levels so they feel like they are just as good as five it just gets harder and more competive as they move up . i think for girls who struggle with tumbling would stay in the sport and confident if there was a worlds for there level so they didnt miss out on expperincing worlds if thy never made it to level five it might even make a lot of people want to all star cheer because they get to do awesome trips like worlds without needing the tumbling right away .... what do you think but back to the sungect i think it should be the same for everyone or maybe just do a new uni just for worlds for level five and use the same one as 1-4 during the gyms comp season when the gym is there as a whole

i think it makes girls feel like level five is better and they dont matter as much when they have the same uni 1-4 but different for level 5 i think it needs to be same all around or a different one for each level just to boost girls confidence in cheer so they ddont feel like they dont matter as much as level five i think it would be cool if there was a worlds for level 1-4 so just level five didnt go even maybe a 2-4 because level one is still an intro to cheer and it would be alot for some girls but i think it would be cool if they did things like that for the other levels so they feel like they are just as good as five it just gets harder and more competive as they move up . i think for girls who struggle with tumbling would stay in the sport and confident if there was a worlds for there level so they didnt miss out on expperincing worlds if thy never made it to level five it might even make a lot of people want to all star cheer because they get to do awesome trips like worlds without needing the tumbling right away .... what do you think but back to the sungect i think it should be the same for everyone or maybe just do a new uni just for worlds for level five and use the same one as 1-4 during the gyms comp season when the gym is there as a whole

worlds for levels 1-4 would be cool!

I like when level 5’s have separate uniforms. That way, you KNOW who they are, and like someone else said it gives the younger kids something to look forward to and work for!

i like the different uniforms for level 5. i think it would cause the lower levels teams to work harder to some day be in that 'special' uniform. i also think it allows for the team wearing them to uphold a certain standard, not only skill wise but the way they act around the younger/lower teams because they know that everyone else in the gym is looking up to them.

i also like bows that dont necessarily match the uniform..it's fun!:p

Back