High School Mean Cheerleaders

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Don't focus on them. Use that negative energy they are giving you and turn it into positive. They obviosuly aren't driven and focused enough if they are spending their time talking about and making fun of you and your team. Support them and bring a positive attitude. Have fun with your team and work on improving. Prove them wrong! Be the bigger person <3 It's hard, but it's worth it.

I had my own experience with "mean girls" my freshmen year. I was on JV and when a girl on varsity got hurt my coach asked me to fill in for her at the varsity games. The other girls on JV were mad and thought they should be the ones cheering at the varsity games, they began to start rumors about me, and point and me and laugh, and talked about me a lot behind my back. I didn't tell my coach, that was just my decision, however she did find out. I found if you just ignore them, and don't let them know it bothers you, they will eventually stop.

A similar thing happened when I was on the dance team. My coach told me there was no way I would make varsity the next season because I wasn't as good as the rest of the girls. So instead of wallowing in my own pity, I used the anger and sadness they caused me to work super hard on my dance team for the rest of the season. And even though I switched to cheer I know the hard work I put in on my dance team really helped me so much at cheer. If I didn't work hard to prove them wrong, I probably wouldn't be as far as I am. Just don't let them get to you, and prove them wrong :)

Back