All-Star Meaning/origin Of Team Names?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 23, 2010
I've been looking around but couldn't find anything! Have you ever seen a team and thought, "I wonder how they got that name..." It happens to me allll the time and it drives me absolutely CRAZY.
Like what does f5 mean? Noo idea. And I wanna know so baddd!

Maryland Twisters does most of their team names related to weather.
f5 is the strongest type of tornado
Supercells are the strongest form of thunderstorm
They also have Eye Of The Storm, Hail, Velocity, Weather Girls, Cyclones ect

I've been looking around but couldn't find anything! Have you ever seen a team and thought, "I wonder how they got that name..." It happens to me allll the time and it drives me absolutely CRAZY.
Like what does f5 mean? Noo idea. And I wanna know so baddd!

I've been a fan of F5 for years and didn't realize what it meant until 2 years ago. I visited Universal Studios' tornado ride and at one point it said something about how F5 is the worst tornado. So I connected it to Maryland Twisters right away!

It's a secret ritual easily disguised by "Female Level 5" as CheerKT said. It's like g3fca2a. Nobody really knows except them.

LMAO unfortunately that isn't true at all. F5 is simply the strongest tornado and just an extension of the name Maryland Twisters. There is no such similarity to g3fca2a. If there is such a thing it wasn't apart of the origin of F5.

It all depends on the location of the moon in relation to the quadratic equation of the space time continuem only at an odd hour of the day but after 6:00 PM. Each coach must then stand on one leg while drinking a Pepsi, or any other pepsi product as Coke is way too strong, and hum their favorite showtune while scratching at least 3 nails across a chalk board.

Only then does the universe cry out the new team name. So say it... so let it be done.

It all depends on the location of the moon in relation to the quadratic equation of the space time continuem only at an odd hour of the day but after 6:00 PM. Each coach must then stand on one leg while drinking a Pepsi, or any other pepsi product as Coke is way too strong, and hum their favorite showtune while scratching at least 3 nails across a chalk board.

Only then does the universe cry out the new team name. So say it... so let it be done.

HAHAHA I LOVE IT! LMAO :D

Ahhhh, it all makes sense now!

The only name I don't get is Loony Dolphins. Haha its cute but I just don't understand! And the Cheer Extreme names like there's one called Dragonflys and another called Sharks and then you have CEA teams with Elite and Excel in their names; how does that tie together exactly?

The only name I don't get is Loony Dolphins. Haha its cute but I just don't understand! And the Cheer Extreme names like there's one called Dragonflys and another called Sharks and then you have CEA teams with Elite and Excel in their names; how does that tie together exactly?

i always wondered about that too... then "purple cheerios"(??)

Back