All-Star Mental Blocks

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So if Suzy is being moved or replaced:

The right way - You have warned her privately and told the parent. She's prepared so one day you pull her aside and tell her that this week is her last week on J2. She is sad but she was warned. You tell her teammates if they ask, that she is needed on J1.

The emotional terrorism way - You constantly are threatening in front of the team. You make it so that the team feels ok being like "Yeah Suzy quit being such a baby and throw it." One day at a practice you yell "That's it, you're moving to J1." Everyone is like "oh snap no one wants to be on J1." Kid is hurt and embarrassed.

What if a kid who's been blocking skills for a month is replaced mid competition for not performing them? Anyone here feel like that might be classified as emotional terrorism?

Asking for a friend.

What if a kid who's been blocking skills for a month is replaced mid competition for not performing them? Anyone here feel like that might be classified as emotional terrorism?

Asking for a friend.

Did I read mid-competition correctly? Sheesh that's just ruthless. Did that one skill really change the outcome of the comp? :rolleyes:

Give that kiddo a hug for me.

Did I read mid-competition correctly? Sheesh that's just ruthless. Did that one skill really change the outcome of the comp? :rolleyes:

Give that kiddo a hug for me.

You read correctly. To elaborate, there was no notice given. The child realized she had been replaced when someone new was basing her stunt in warm ups.

Also, the team was over 4 points ahead on day 1.

I could go on, but I'd rather not deal with the army.

Asking for a friend.

Whoa.

Seriously?

There is literally nothing okay about that, unless maybe the child in question is injured suddenly?

The thing is - you KNOW Suzy blocked. It didn't just start. So why wait til the middle of a comp when you know the stunt has been an issue for months?

It probably needed changed months ago. Keeping a child in that spot and yanking her suddenly is cruel to me - and poor planning. Because very rarely does a stunt just magically stop hitting between comp days.

Last edited:
Also this scenario bothers me. When an athlete who is normally fine starts missing skills during periods of added practice or extra long camp days.

Needing to replace an athlete is ok, it happens, let's do that supportively for the team and the athlete.

I would say find a gym you are confident is a good fit for your athlete's needs and recovery in training. This sport has no offseason, it's not always easy to see cumulative demands of growing child, family, school, practice, travel, multiple teams.

Back