Missing Practice

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Make Susie nugget because she misses so much practice. Honestly, if parents don't understand the importance once they are flat out told about it, penalizing the kid can make the point.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Our head coach tells the kids if they miss they will lose their spot and will double back, a fate worse than death in our program. And she means it. Girls missed practice today and a stunt group was dropped and kids moved around.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I remove the repeat offenders from all stunts and put them in the back of all formations. When their parents ask me why they aren't in anything, the answer is, "I can't rely on Susie to be at practice, so she had to be placed where her absence won't affect the team."

I love that response... I guess, if she missed enough practices she can be relegated to the team's hype person... Run out on the stage and give everybody chest bumps and then scurry off the stage before the routine starts... In that way, at least Susie's Mom can see her daughter entered first and exit the stage too...hahaha:fro::chestbump:

This is really a gym owners responsibility. At my cps' gym all scheduled absences must be turned after tryouts and other after that they must be approved by the coaches. If practice is missed close to a competition that cheerleader doesn't compete.

I posted this recently in another thread but it bears repeating:

Missed choreo week?

Here's your one-way ticket to Nuggetville, USA.

If they miss so many practices, move them down to a "less commitment" team. At the gym I coach at we have a half year/prep team that we usually send not committed athletes to. Most times the parents with either not want their child to be moved and start they'll start coming to practice, or they will love the idea of a half year team and be happy that their child is being moved.

I posted this recently in another thread but it bears repeating:

Missed choreo week?

Here's your one-way ticket to Nuggetville, USA.
oh lord don't say that!! my CP has to miss "dance camp" because her father decided to buy plane tickets 6 months in advance of a trip. and of course the camp is the same weekend!! can't get our money back from the tickets and we are going with another family. My CP is so pissed!

Back