All-Star Mommy Dearest...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We changed gyms this year and my daughter was asked to come practice with the team she was trying out for. I sat in the parent room reading my kindle and minding my own business until I heard a few times "who is that kid? where did she come from?" and figured it was time to introduce myself as the mom of "that kid" even though I really wanted to keep my mouth shut and wait to see if they said anything else.
Reading through the earlier comments I had to laugh at the truth of it all - mini and youth parents are the worst about what their cps can do better than everyone else and letting everyone else know this, and the junior parents are all about their cps getting their level 5 skills and making a level 5 team.

I am a stay at the gym mom, and I do it because I enjoy getting to know and chat with the other moms on the team. For the most part, they are nice people and we talk about lots other than cheer. I have discovered that there ae some moms I need o avoid like th plague. They are drama magnets. One I particular I try to avoid at all costs. Her child can do no wrong and everyone who dares correct her is "too negative" or "playing favorites". It is so bad that at the end of lat season when one of the moms asked her 6 year old first year cheerleader if she wanted to cheer again next year, she said not if ------ is on my team.

Back