All-Star Most Recent Injury in Cheerleading, and How you did it.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For some reason I was a main base on the nationals team for Clemson (I am strictly a backspot) and we were doing full up left immediate full up right and my top girl went 1.25 and my body stayed at the regular full up position (if that makes any sense) and I hyper extended my lower back. I have been out of tumbling since February and have no clue when I will be able to again.

my last bad one that kept me out for like a week was when i dislocated my thumb catching a basket and then i kept stunting and tumbling until it hurt so bad i couldnt tumble. but i think the last time i got hurt was i think i hurt my knee again last night catching my fly... ive also broken most of my fingers, jammed the rest, hyper extended my knees, i have an over use injury in both my knees and my right ankel (i went to the doctor and they just said put a brace on it and if it hurts ice it), and i tumbled into a wall (the floor was in a corner and of corse i had to tumble towards the wall and i landed like on the edge of the floor and my body kept goind and i hit the wall), im sure i have more but i cant remember... lol!

iCheerGA said:
my last bad one that kept me out for like a week was when i dislocated my thumb catching a basket and then i kept stunting and tumbling until it hurt so bad i couldnt tumble. but i think the last time i got hurt was i think i hurt my knee again last night catching my fly... ive also broken most of my fingers, jammed the rest, hyper extended my knees, i have an over use injury in both my knees and my right ankel (i went to the doctor and they just said put a brace on it and if it hurts ice it), and i tumbled into a wall (the floor was in a corner and of corse i had to tumble towards the wall and i landed like on the edge of the floor and my body kept goind and i hit the wall), im sure i have more but i cant remember... lol!

Geeez!! Haha don't kill yourself! Hope you have an injury free season.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

broke my hand doing a double toe backhandspring. my index finger went the wrong way and bam im broken! well i had to have surgery like two days later. and had to compete in a cast for my last competition on a senior team! :(

i just tore something in my shoulder not really sure what because i refuse to go to the doctors but it happened when i was doing a full that i had just got and i rebounded foward and while not trying to put my hands down put my shoulder down instead and it was just all bad from there!

i was fulling and landed completely straight legged and i tore my mcl , acl and miniscious =/ [ aha sorry for the misspelling].

i had a bad hip injury from doing splits (i know wierddd) while competiting.i heard it like crack really loud and i couldnt tumble for about 2 months. that was a while ago though. and it still hurts sometimes.

im currently recoverying from my 3rd knee surgery, second of the year, anddd it has been swelled like a mellon for 3 weeks which is not normal for how far i am so i might be soon on the 3rd of the year.

Back