All-Star Most Recent Injury in Cheerleading, and How you did it.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

my back is still broken in three places :( so no more tumbling for me...its been like that since the begginning of last season. i wore a back brace but its still all jacked up :( at least i can still base though...good thing im strong and can dance or id be in trouble hahahaa

damaged knee falling down a gap landing a running double.
worst has been a broken nose over rotating a kick double into someones shoulder. I'v also given lots of broken noses, idk what it is with my team! ha

6 years ago i broke my femur sledding... i was 8 years old... hahah...
back in october i was tumbling at my high school football pep ralley and sprained my mcl and i was out for 6 weeks competed at my first comp and then was out again for 12 weeks and competed at all the comps i had within those 12 weeks and no i have to get a steroid shot and if that doesnt help then i have to get surgery

i have broken all of my fingers both of my pinkies 12 times
dislocated m shoulder from my flyer at high school trying to double
when i was 5 i broke my wrist and never knew it and now the growth plate is in the middle of my hand

i tore my achillies tendon while warming up my tumbling.. i have a double, and i was doing a layout, and it tore completely.. i was out for 6 months and now im back doing pretty much everything.. my doctor said it would take 6 months to a year to get back. looks like he was wrong! :)

I broke my finger before putting hands down on a standing tuck.. Surgery wasn't fun. But I haven't really had anything major thankfully! :)

We just had our center top girl tear her ACL sunday night at practice landed a full with a straight leg. She's out for 4-6 months, right before worlds.. this happened to her last year too. Was supposed to go to Worlds and got some crazy disease that made her sick for a few months. Hopefully third time's a charm for this one and she can actually go and compete next year :)

We just had our center top girl tear her ACL sunday night at practice landed a full with a straight leg. She's out for 4-6 months, right before worlds.. this happened to her last year too. Was supposed to go to Worlds and got some crazy disease that made her sick for a few months. Hopefully third time's a charm for this one and she can actually go and compete next year :)

poor girl! prayers from MD!

I've been really lucky and have never had any serious injuries. A few years ago I had stress fractures in both my elbows and wasn't allowed to tumble. A few months ago I jammed my finger and tore a ligament in it :( I still can't fit any rings on that finger.

I got completely decked out in a single down in like December? My flyer didn't bring her arms in enough so I got smacked in the nose. It wouldn't stop bleeding for a good 45 minutes.
Funny thing is, I got a cut from her fingernail too so my coach freaked.. I think a lot of people think I was bleeding because of her nail because of her reaction.

during warmups day 2 at nationals i did this thing in my routine where im on the floor and i tore my meniscus and sprained my acl when i got back up.

Fortunately i never had such a bad injury that it keept me away from cheering to long.

Reading your stories i have to say that most of you are beast!

I broke something inside my ankle jumping of a tighstand while catching a full from the 2-2-1. It was like 4 weeks before competition so i got a brace and as soon as it was not swollen anymore i taped it, put the brace on and did everything, even jumps.

On a camp i broke my left wrist catching a new flyer from a single full - she just jumped out while we were dipping down. I just did not have enough time to catch her right way :(

I just went to a x-ray and knowing what it was i just taped it. It was right before competition and there was no one who could do it.

I'm sidebasing so i thought it would be okay. That time it was - it hurt but i could do the routine, i can't tumble so there was no problem.

Today i must say that i really regret taking it so easy. I still have problems with my left hand, doing 10 bhs can be to much and i can't mainbase any stunts except straight up and full down. Doing tic tocs or full ups as a mainbase is just to painfull after a few times. The doctor told me that the bones just did not heal the right way (who wonders) and it would be difficult to fix it. So i'm a sidebase and backspot, it's okay for me.

This february i broke my nose - personally the worst insury of my cheerleading time. I knew that it was broken the moment the ellbow hit it, the flyer was still rotating and the doctor who did the surgery joked that it was kind of a puzzle to get every bone back to its original place. But now it's fine, i'm just wearing a protector every time i stunt because they told me even a light hit during the next 6 months could brake it again.

So i respect every cheerleader who continues practising or ending the routine with an insury - but please take care and listen to your doctor. Having life-long problems because you wanted too much too early can be really frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit to my post:

It was a 2-1-1 i was jumping of as a middlelayer when the thing with my ankle happened.

i have a broken big toe :(
it hurtss

but i dont think its getting better any time soon
cause im still cheering on it
aha

Ask me if I did the same thing. Sleepwalking.
I remember getting out of bed, and getting back into bed with my toe like throbbing.
I woke up the next morning and it was alll swollen and icky and broken haha

This is so sad... i snapped my ankle couple months back MARKING THE ROUTINE WALKING TO MY STUNTS!! yesss its embarrassing

I was stretching today, I did my straight scorp...the minute i pulled it to straighten it.. i heard a pop Im in serious pain.. Ice=my bff.

Shaynahelene83191 said:
I was stretching today, I did my straight scorp...the minute i pulled it to straighten it.. i heard a pop Im in serious pain.. Ice=my bff.

Oh, i hope it's nothing serious! Best wishes!

Back