All-Star Moving On

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

honestly, last year when i graduated, i bawled my eyes out the whole entire car ride home from my last practice, on day two of canadian nationals me and my one friend crumpled into each other because we both realized it was our last year to cheer together (we'd only known each other for a year but this girl was by best friend i had met through cheerleading) and then the banquet at the end of the year our coaches said speeches about all of the graduating seniors that would be leaving it took every single bone in my body for me to not cry when they were talking, and when it was time for everybody to get ready to leave, my flyer from early on in the season came up to me hugged me and started crying on my shoulder, when i asked her what was wrong she told me that i was the best (and first) back spot she had ever had and that she trusted me more then anybody else on the team and that she didnt want me to leave as soon as those words left her mouth i realized i did not under any circumstances want to leave that gym, i wanted to go back to grade 7 to the first year that i tried cheerleading at a time when wanted to give up on everything i wanted to experience that life altering moment when you step on to that ugly blue mat covered in sparkles just one last time, i wanted to put on my uniform bow and makeup and prance around like i owned that stage, but the reality of it all was that i couldnt, i had to make a choice, university or cheerleading and it was the hardest thing i have ever done, still even now i would kill to have all those moments we take for granted on that floor i just want one more chance, and i think that makes a huge difference, knowing your done, and wanting to be done are not the same thing if you still have the chance to cheer and want to do it, you will not understand how much you will miss it afterwards, and for those seniors who are done this year i have one thing to say, that very last time you compete, leave your heart on that floor, take in every second and do not regret a minute of that routine because when you look back it will have been one of the greatest experiences of your life
this made me cry.

im seriously getting so depressed about this and i still have my senior and super senior year.

I had cheer taken away from me for nearly 3 seasons and its definitely given me a bigger appreciation. I love going to practice, i love throwing full out routines, i love competing, just everything about it to a much fuller extent. I dont take the practices or performances for granted anymore. Seeing so many girls go through the realization that it does end sometime sucks to see.

It still makes me so upset, i dont even know how to really express it.

I'm already dreading the year I stop competing, but I'm now one of the coaches and i'm glad I did it not only to stay close to cheerleading, but to pass down the knowledge, watch other cheerleaders you built grow and get to feel the way the coaches do when they watch you. for those who are coaches I realise now its just as nerve racking and just as exciting!

this made me cry.

im seriously getting so depressed about this and i still have my senior and super senior year.

I had cheer taken away from me for nearly 3 seasons and its definitely given me a bigger appreciation. I love going to practice, i love throwing full out routines, i love competing, just everything about it to a much fuller extent. I dont take the practices or performances for granted anymore. Seeing so many girls go through the realization that it does end sometime sucks to see.

It still makes me so upset, i dont even know how to really express it.
do not get depressed about it just embrace all the time you have left and keep giving it your all every single time i promise you you will never ever ever regret a single thing and you will become a better and stronger person "dont cry cause its over smile cause it happened"

This will also be my last season, I graduate college next winter and will not have time for cheer. I have been trying not to think about it all season, but at USA nationals our coaches talked to us about how some people wont be coming back and that we may never have a chance to feel that amazing feeling that you get when you walk out onto the floor and everyone is going crazy for you again so to enjoy it.... In that moment I realized that my last season is almost over and it hit like a ton of bricks and I freaked out and started crying (prob not the best thing to do when youre waiting to be called out onto the floor). I have 1 more competition left before worlds and I am going to try and take everything in, because I know that I may never be able to do this again. Waaaahhhh! :(

*I meant the UW schools are decent to cheer on.
If you wanna do competitive cheerleading, Wisconsin is not the place for you, trust me. Madison is decent but they dot compet. That's im heading to te Twin Cities for cheerleading. Maaaaaaybe Eau Claire if I don't get accpectrd into the university. Not sure how the team is there...

I came to conclusion the other day that the main reason I continue to do cheer (well besides the fact that i love it) is because its the only life ive known the last 9 years.
& Each year tryouts roll around and i find myself saying, just one more year, just one...but oneday soon im going to have to make that transition.

lol awkward you sound just like me :p, (i wanted to work for disney but i really dont have the heart for animation im in graphic design/advertising at an art university hah) but honestly, art school is a TON of work the projects really pile on, i have had one full good copy project due every single week, on top of that essays, and lectures to attened, it is really not just colour me a pretty picture you really need to plan out your work and your instructors if they are anything like mine expect you to act like your education is your job, so as much fun, and as amazing as cheerleading is, you simply may not have the time, so before you commit for a full season start the year out at school first and go from there :)
Do you think a tumble class would be possible? I want to go to CalArts. like... its been my dream school since I was 11. I dont know if its possible, but y'know. :]

Do you think a tumble class would be possible? I want to go to CalArts. like... its been my dream school since I was 11. I dont know if its possible, but y'know. :]
you will definitely, have time for tumbling (its not like you will have to practice for 3 hours 2x's a week and compete, ) and the tumbling will definitely help as a creative outlet too, just manage your time properly and you will be fine :)! eventually you may even be able to work cheerleading in there too :)

you will definitely, have time for tumbling (its not like you will have to practice for 3 hours 2x's a week and compete, ) and the tumbling will definitely help as a creative outlet too, just manage your time properly and you will be fine :)! eventually you may even be able to work cheerleading in there too :)
I sure hope so! Where do you go to school? Im applying to SCAD, LCAD, Ringling, Pratt, CalArts, CCS, CIA, MICA, RISD...annnnd.. I think thats it? lol

I sure hope so! Where do you go to school? Im applying to SCAD, LCAD, Ringling, Pratt, CalArts, CCS, CIA, MICA, RISD...annnnd.. I think thats it? lol
i go to OCADU in toronto if you have any questions about school or anything just pm me or add me on facebook and i would be happy to answer them for you :)

I coached and supper seniored my freshman year of college, I then took a year off from it all and tried to focus on school, my grades improved but I went crazy, lol. So This season which is my third year of college when I was asked to start coaching at my old gym again I couldn't turn it down. Not being on the floor any more is hart breaking sometimes, I coach a handful of girls who I cheered with in the past and watching them makes me miss when I was on that floor, but I just remember everything it taught me and that now I get to teach them the same lessons that I have taken every where with me and I realize it's okay my time has passed. Just give it time and you'll be fine. If you can find a gym near your school see if there's a class or team you can be on or even if they're hiring coaches, it will help with the transition. Good Luck with school and finding where cheer is going to fit in your heart/life. It will be okay ;)

Back