All-Star Must Read

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My thought is that if they did get recruited it was to cheer at Trinity... and since it is down the road, obviously moving into the district just goes hand in hand.

And BowsnBling to answer your question... minors can be named in the news depending on the state and what such article is about because the accusations aren't technically against them and no crime was committed hurting their well being, I believe it is allowed for them to be named but I'm not 100% sure.

My thought is that if they did get recruited it was to cheer at Trinity... and since it is down the road, obviously moving into the district just goes hand in hand.

And BowsnBling to answer your question... minors can be named in the news depending on the state and what such article is about because the accusations aren't technically against them and no crime was committed hurting their well being, I believe it is allowed for them to be named but I'm not 100% sure.
Even showing their pictures? That was kind of inappropriate to me, like calling them out even more.

Putting their faces/names in the news is now going to subject these girls to a lot of "junk" they don't deserve. Just because the news source states that "this is not the fault of the athletes", doesn't mean they won't take the heat. I wish both of these girls the best of luck, they are tremendous athletes, and I hope this dies down quickly for them.

Is this seriously what our industry is coming to? Buying athletes for the "win at all costs" mentality? Give me a break. It's CHEERLEADING. Have fun, find a gym you like, and get over yourself. I hate to break it to some of these kids, but there's a life outside of cheer, and when you are an adult, nobody cares if you won worlds/state/were a cheerlebrity (shocking I know-I'm sorry to be the one to have to tell everyone this!). This is just so beyond insane to me I can't even stand it.

Is this seriously what our industry is coming to? Buying athletes for the "win at all costs" mentality? Give me a break. It's CHEERLEADING. Have fun, find a gym you like, and get over yourself. I hate to break it to some of these kids, but there's a life outside of cheer, and when you are an adult, nobody cares if you won worlds/state/were a cheerlebrity (shocking I know-I'm sorry to be the one to have to tell everyone this!). This is just so beyond insane to me I can't even stand it.

I don't believe this is about John's Creek as much as it's about Trinity Athletics providing jobs and homes. You are right, the Cheerleading will die down, so will the endorsements and accolades, which is exactly why I think the parents are cashing in on opportunities for their kids while can. I think the real issue is, another gym owner is a little upset that one of his athletes was taken because of things he can't, or won't, provide. Are there any rules against this in the All Star world? If not, I think this is sad IF it was the gym owner who turned in these kids and used the high school as a smoke screen.

If Jamie P. wants to act like an immature adult, let him. Did anyone else check out GA's routine in the 2013 vids thread? Obviously his attention isn't focused on his teams. If I was angry about my athletes leaving my gym, I would have a kick a** routine. I would let my routine speak for itself. I would get over it and focus on my own gym. I'm guessing it's going to be a repeat for them at worlds this year.

I don't think people should jump to conclusions that the former Coach and/or gym owner turned them in. The article also stated the girls replaced two cheerleaders that had been on the team, it could have been one of their parents. Or it could have been someone else. No one knows for sure so please don't speculate.

I don't think people should jump to conclusions that the former Coach and/or gym owner turned them in. The article also stated the girls replaced two cheerleaders that had been on the team, it could have been one of their parents. Or it could have been someone else. No one knows for sure so please don't speculate.
I don't think everyone would've thought he was involved if he hadn't spoken in a formal news interview pretty much against them. Regardless if he was the sole person who turned them in or not (thats not what I am trying to say), at one point they were your athlete & if this had been a level 1 cartwheel and back walkover athlete would he do the interview about their sudden switch? EVERY gym looses athletes to other gyms. You can be upset, but this is a situation where for his gym/ his reputation would've been better to stay out and keep his input out.

There is no law against printing these girls names. Journalists are protected by their 1st Amendment Rights. It is, however, an ethical issue. Many media outlets choose not to publish names/photos of minors for ethical reasons.

I don't think everyone would've thought he was involved if he hadn't spoken in a formal news interview pretty much against them. Regardless if he was the sole person who turned them in or not (thats not what I am trying to say), at one point they were your athlete & if this had been a level 1 cartwheel and back walkover athlete would he do the interview about their sudden switch? EVERY gym looses athletes to other gyms. You can be upset, but this is a situation where for his gym/ his reputation would've been better to stay out and keep his input out.

How would the journalist know to reach out to Jamie Parrish for questions anyway? If you're not in the cheer world, trying to figure out who to reach out to for a comment wouldn't be very easy - especially since this is about high school and not all-star. I don't think my first thought as a journalist would be to look for an all-star gym owner for comment.

I suppose he could have been the one to tip off the newspaper about the investigation though.

Back