All-Star Must Read

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't believe this has anything to do with allstar. It has everything to do with school cheer. Jamie choreographs for alot of schools, so if Johns Creek is making it through to state with illegal kids, then there's another school cheer squad, who is doing everything by the books, that is not making it to state. So it does pay to cheat! And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't know of another school that would hold tryouts in April, put together a squad from those that attended tryouts, then just randomly add to new girls, who didn't even go through the tryout process. Yes, they obviously moved to the area to be closer to Trinity, but they moved there in July. They were not at the school in April during tryouts. If I was the parent of the daughter who was removed or made an alternate because of adding these two ... I'd be pissed!

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't know of another school that would hold tryouts in April, put together a squad from those that attended tryouts, then just randomly add to new girls, who didn't even go through the tryout process.

You don't think a high school coach would make room for one of the best tumblers in the country, regardless of when she wanted to join the team? Most teams take more girls than spots, with the understanding that the comp team will be decided later. If a gymnast had walked into my high school practice, my coach would have made room for them in a hart beat, especially if it was as early in the season as July.

Is this seriously what our industry is coming to? Buying athletes for the "win at all costs" mentality? Give me a break. It's CHEERLEADING. Have fun, find a gym you like, and get over yourself. I hate to break it to some of these kids, but there's a life outside of cheer, and when you are an adult, nobody cares if you won worlds/state/were a cheerlebrity (shocking I know-I'm sorry to be the one to have to tell everyone this!). This is just so beyond insane to me I can't even stand it.

Wow this reminds me of when select All Star programs were renting apartments for their "underprivileged" athletes, flying them in from across the country, putting them up in affluent members homes, stacking teams in heavyweight divisions, free uniforms, free tuition, free classes and the list could go on. And they wondered why smaller gyms did not like them? SMH. Now they may not fly them in because that is "against the rules" but some of that still occurs. Just kept a whole lot quieter now. Kinda reminds me of a movie scene where everyone has a gun pointed at each other saying if you shoot, we all die.

Like the high school league website in South Carolina has had up for years "An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules"....If Johns Creek/Davenport lady did something shady....then they should be punished.

I don't agree with the posting of the names... (what up cyber bullying...)

And at any rate, Jamie Parrish sounds salty and pressed...he should have stayed out of the media.

but any way.... let me have a seat...and see how this unfolds

6f6.gif

Honestly, no matter what sport or school, if you're good, people are going to assume things & try to make you fail. No questions.
Two years ago my schools volleyball team got ridiculously good & people accused our coach of recruiting but in all reality, the juniors that year were all just REALLY good winning states that year & the year to follow.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Angel a freshman? So couldn't she chose which ever high school to go to?

You don't think a high school coach would make room for one of the best tumblers in the country, regardless of when she wanted to join the team? Most teams take more girls than spots, with the understanding that the comp team will be decided later. If a gymnast had walked into my high school practice, my coach would have made room for them in a hart beat, especially if it was as early in the season as July.
It doesn't work that way in Georgia though. You have rules that state you have to be attending the school already when tryouts happen. They clearly were not at the school. And what about the kids who trained for months prior to tryouts, made the team, then were pushed off because two "better" kids came along. Just sounds shady to me. And unfair to the kids that made it.

How would the journalist know to reach out to Jamie Parrish for questions anyway? If you're not in the cheer world, trying to figure out who to reach out to for a comment wouldn't be very easy - especially since this is about high school and not all-star. I don't think my first thought as a journalist would be to look for an all-star gym owner for comment.

I suppose he could have been the one to tip off the newspaper about the investigation though.

If you get a "tip" and then google the athlete's names, you find the fierceboard. And there is at least one thread with a mention of Trinity and Jamie Parrish.

Honestly, no matter what sport or school, if you're good, people are going to assume things & try to make you fail. No questions.
Two years ago my schools volleyball team got ridiculously good & people accused our coach of recruiting but in all reality, the juniors that year were all just REALLY good winning states that year & the year to follow.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Angel a freshman? So couldn't she chose which ever high school to go to?
I dont know if this applies in Georgia but where I live we have zones. Wherever you live is where you go to school you don't have a choice.

Like the high school league website in South Carolina has had up for years "An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules"....If Johns Creek/Davenport lady did something shady....then they should be punished.

I don't agree with the posting of the names... (what up cyber bullying...)

And at any rate, Jamie Parrish sounds salty and pressed...he should have stayed out of the media.

but any way.... let me have a seat...and see how this unfolds

6f6.gif
I agree with you 100%. And I'm loving the gif!

I dont know if this applies in Georgia but where I live we have zones. Wherever you live is where you go to school you don't have a choice.
Yeah we have the same, but we still have a choice within those zones. Also, you can apply for a magnet program even if the school is not in your zone. EX: My school has an engineering program and a girl on my team is in the engineering program just so she can attend my school because the school she was zoned for is rated a 'D' school and wanted a better education, and has no desire to be an engineer..
But now that she's on the cheerleading team & is very good, does that mean we recruited her? That's what everyone seems to think now-a-days.. -_-

ETA: We don't compete so their would be no reason for us to recruit anyone... Just trying to connect the dots with JC.

Playing devils advocate here - If these parents where so upset why weren't they the ones in the interview? If you look up the two ladies that spoke in it, you find their twitter and they state what All-Star team they're kids are on. Pretty sure niether one has a kid at Johns Creek.

Just saying

Playing devils advocate here - If these parents where so upset why weren't they the ones in the interview? If you look up the two ladies that spoke in it, you find their twitter and they state what All-Star team they're kids are on. Pretty sure niether one has a kid at Johns Creek.

Just saying
Now that's interesting that one of the parents daughter cheers at GA.

I'm not in Georgia so I can't speak of rules.

I do know a few things.

This discussion would not happen over a level 1 athlete because a school would not recruit them.

Jamie Parrish speaks his mind when he sees fit if his teams are on top, on the bottom, and everywhere in between. He seems pretty outspoken to me.

I think the situation seems fishy and I look forward to seeing the outcome when it is handled through proper channels. I love reading everyone's opinions, and I learn so much from everyone, but I'm anxious to see how Georgia high school athletics handles this.

It doesn't work that way in Georgia though. You have rules that state you have to be attending the school already when tryouts happen. They clearly were not at the school. And what about the kids who trained for months prior to tryouts, made the team, then were pushed off because two "better" kids came along. Just sounds shady to me. And unfair to the kids that made it.[/q

Is that staement toward this particular situation or in general? If my job was relocated - had to move to a new State - new school for my athlete - are you saying she/he has to sit out for the seaon? Where is the fairness to that kid?

Back