All-Star Must Read

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've thought about this more and more and here is the thing-whether you like Jamie or not, this is his job. This is what pays the bills for him, and something that he has dedicated his life to. To have someone come in and take that simply because they have tons and tons of money would leave me a little salty too...
Recruiting happens in every sport, but since we are not a sport, it's a big free for all. If this is how it's going to be and this is the new standard, where is it going to stop? Your dreams of being a gym owner will not be possible if someone else can come in and offer free houses, cars, tuition, scholarships, etc and take everything from you (unless of course you are also in the position to offer these things to them too-obviously, I'm not :()
Shimmy a million times!!!!!!!

First of all, I don't ever want to hear about Illinois being the most drama filled state ever again ;)

Second, how much does this really matter? Georgia high school's cheer season is over and John's Creek didn't even win state. Why is this investigation happening now?

Third, everyone wants cheer to be a sport. So here we go! True sport scandal.

You're right and wrong here. Just because they didn't win State doesn't mean that the fact that they potentially didn't play buy the rules should be ignored.... but on the other hand...But you're right...Why now? If my child that had been on a team and all of a sudden didn't make it and Best Cheerleader A and Best Cheerleader B showed up... I would have been raising Cain from the start...not at the end of November at the conclusion of the season

But maybe they've been investigating all along and people have just been turning a blind eye and sweeping stuff under the rug.

I agree, it is hard to build a business if the guy across the tracks is not playing the same game. What is so disappointing is, IF this is about Allstar bitterness, someone has put two minors in the news that shouldn't have been there in the first place. And then, the expense of this retaliation has been put on a school district and taxpayers. We all know these investigations cost money and the ones to lose out are the students and teachers.
Then they can thank the Trinity gym owner for that.

You're right and wrong here. Just because they didn't win State doesn't mean that the fact that they potentially didn't play buy the rules should be ignored.... but on the other hand...But you're right...Why now? If my child that had been on a team all of a sudden didn't make it and Best Cheerleader A and Best Cheerleader B showed up... I would have been raising Cain from the start...not at the end of November at the conclusion of the season

But maybe they've been investigating all along and people have just been turning a blind eye and sweeping stuff under the rug.
Oh no no I completely agree with you! I think it's important something be done whether they won state or not. The timing just seems strange.

Do you have a link to this rule? I'm not questioning the acuracy, I just know of two Georgia schools that have allowed new students to tryout for cheer after the April tryout.
Not sure about GA, but in Florida, we have to leave a spot open for anyone who comes over summer or within the first two weeks of the new school year to try out (not counting freshman though).

Then they can thank the Trinity gym owner for that.

I'm not saying I agree with recruiting but, is there a rule against this in Allstar? If not, then Trinity hasn't done anything legally wrong. Just because we don't agree with the ethics doesn't make this Trinity's fault.

Am I also the only one that noticed GA Coed 5's dance is a not so subtle jab to the people who left?

That and the end of the pyramid....lol

40729_o.gif

Recruiting wise for Jamie at GA he doesn't buy people houses and pay them to cheer. All I have seen is him waive tuition and ask the boys to cross compete. I can see how that is fair, but paying a kid and it's family large sums of money is a little crazy recruiting. Honestly I had always known SOMETHING was going on with Johns Creek. Back when it was Panthers, they had the rule that if you didn't cheer on their allstar team, you couldn't cheer on the high school team. I used to cheer with one girl who had cheered at Georgia and she had tried out for Johns Creek. When she refused to cheer for Panthers, she was put on JV. And this girl was good. She had a full, two to full, and was an incredible flyer. So there was definitely stuff going on even years ago!

I'm not saying I agree with recruiting but, is there a rule against this in Allstar? If not, then Trinity hasn't done anything legally wrong. Just because we don't agree with the ethics doesn't make this Trinity's fault.
I'm not saying it has anything to do with Trinity. The Trinity owner has a daughter at Johns Creek. She bought and paid for the house that one family is in, and brought them both to Johns Creek high school. I'm just saying the community can thank HER for getting them and their school caught up in this scandel and investigation. I feel badly for the two girls involved in this, but again they can thank the Trinity owner for getting them involved.

Why does everytime trinity come up everyone wants to turn the blind eye and talk about how bad Jamie Parrish is instead? Is it possible that trinity is doing shady business? Yes. can we do anything about it? No. Can we do anything about the high school? Yes. Don't get mad because you did shady business and got called out for it. That's all I'm saying.

Why does everytime trinity come up everyone wants to turn the blind eye and talk about how bad Jamie Parrish is instead? Is it possible that trinity is doing shady business? Yes. can we do anything about it? No. Can we do anything about the high school? Yes. Don't get mad because you did shady business and got called out for it. That's all I'm saying.

I think this is the key. If accusations were made against only Trinity, would anybody outside of Allstar really care? Nope. Is there anything that could be done about it even if it were true? Probably not. However, because the school system is involved in this, the situation becomes a really big deal locally. Even if there ends up being no sanctions and the accusations are untrue, JCHS will now be on the radar for this stuff, and since the general public has no idea about Allstar cheer, the accusations alone will be what is etched into "outsiders" brains about the program.

Back