All-Star Must Read

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wait a minute...I didn't think the popular media/rest of the world thought cheerleading was actually a sport anyway...why should they care now? Ugh.

So funny you say this. When we moved a couple years ago, my daughter was told she couldn't cheer (we moved within Va. Beach but to a different high school) because of some stupid recruiting rule for sports. This was the first thing that popped into my head too. "Oh, NOW it's a sport???"

So what if Jaime's name was never mentioned? Does it make it less wrong? Trinity's name was brought up in the article. I have seen similar instances regarding high school football recently locally (cost the team a state title). Regardless of "who" is involved, the fact is rules were broken. Love or hate the person that brought it to light. If you cheat, regardless of how you get caught, I'm glad you got caught.
It's still under investigation.

Now if they are found innocent I can see a HUGE stink, but if they are guilty...
Like stated before everyone is innocent until proving guilty and if they are innocent the damage has been done with ruining their reputation.

Like stated before everyone is innocent until proving guilty and if they are innocent the damage has been done with ruining their reputation.
I have no dog in the fight. I do know that much of the "cheer community" has been riddled with rumors and scandals and many keep quiet bc of fear of speaking up. I hope things like in this story don't exist, but if they do and are caught I don't feel bad for them. If they are innocent than I feel there should be a story run in the opposite direction.

Recruiting wise for Jamie at GA he doesn't buy people houses and pay them to cheer. All I have seen is him waive tuition and ask the boys to cross compete. I can see how that is fair, but paying a kid and it's family large sums of money is a little crazy recruiting.

I find it interesting that you don’t see a difference in the principal between the two scenarios. GA didn’t advertise scholarships to boys with level 2 skills. The scholarship offer was only to Worlds caliber athletes (which is not against the rules nor do I see anything wrong with). But it wasn’t done to be charitable – it was done to increase the gym’s chances for a quality World’s team and overall success of the program. If a gym spends a million dollars to house an entire team and waives tuition, competition and travel fees, I see no difference in what either gym is doing. I don’t like it, but it isn’t against USASF rules. Unfortunately, life isn’t fair, and there are gyms all over the country with competitive advantages and disadvantages, whether it be ownership’s personal wealth, or demographics to choose their customers from. Is it fair that a gym in one area has a population base of at least ten times less than a gym in another area to draw their customers from? Is it fair that a gym located in an area with a median income of $250,000 competes against a gym located in an area with a median income of $40,000? It happens everywhere and each gym does what they can to be successful. At the end of the day, most gyms will gain long-term success because of their leadership, not because of their bank account.

Back