All-Star My Daughter Is A Loner But She Doesn't Care....she Loves All Stars

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I feel like your daughter is me. I wear my cheer shirts to school and have to explain them to everyone, my town is so small its known for unemployment rates too haha :p I love cheering and I'm saving up to take myself to worlds this year, maybe when she is old enough the two of you can save together and make a great vacation!! :)
Same! Mom and I went to worlds in 2011 and it was great! I think she missed cheer as much as I did after I graduated in 06. :p

The OP is me to a T. None of my friends ever did cheer, or understood it or my love for it (still don't), but they came to competitions to support me nonetheless. I'm still best friends with most of my friends from elementary/high school and while they still don't understand my love for the sport, they are planning on coming to some of my i4 competitions. I wear the shirts from other teams and always get the questions, but I enjoy telling people about them. I've always felt cheer kind of gave me an opportunity to be and do something out of the box, and I'm so grateful for all it has taught me over the years. I participated in other sports in high school and college (field hockey mostly) but there's something special about cheer that keeps me coming back for more. CoachKelly props to your daughter for being strong enough to know what she likes and sticking with it despite it not being the 'popular' thing to do!

Your daughter sounds just like me, I always wear cheer clothes to school and I don't care who makes fun of me. And although I go to a big gym, being a junior in high school and in level 3 this year, it's not really possible for me to go to worlds with WC. Although it will always be a dream of mine

"Will she care? NO! She is her own person, she does what she wants and doesn't care what others think not even her friends, in fact not one of her close friends are on cheer."

I wanted to thank you. That lone section has given me copious amounts of inspiration. I want to thank your daughter, too, for sticking to her own path. It's hard to find that nowadays and it's truly remarkable she's okay with being herself.

"Will she care? NO! She is her own person, she does what she wants and doesn't care what others think not even her friends, in fact not one of her close friends are on cheer."

I wanted to thank you. That lone section has given me copious amounts of inspiration. I want to thank your daughter, too, for sticking to her own path. It's hard to find that nowadays and it's truly remarkable she's okay with being herself.

Thank you, this is the exact reason I wrote this.

I am learning what a wonderful selfless daughter I have. I used to worry about her. She has lots of friends but she doesn't go 'run around' with them. She's a homebody and for some reason that worried me. She said she was Ok if I asked and said she just doesn't like the drama all the time. So I am finally sitting back and looking at who "she is" and I like what I see and I'm realizing I did a pretty good job. Haha!

Sometimes when you read the boards, go on Instagram, Twitter,Tumblr or Facebook , you get the impression the only thing that matters ist Worlds and Level 5.
All the young Girls want to be on Level 5 Teams... that's all they talk about and they think being on a lower Level Team is not worth anything.... and i think that's sad...because at the end of the day it's not about the Level it's about the sport... so reading this makes me really happy because it shows that there are still Girls out there who do it for the love of Cheer...
Thank you so much for sharing!

Sometimes when you read the boards, go on Instagram, Twitter,Tumblr or Facebook , you get the impression the only thing that matters ist Worlds and Level 5.
All the young Girls want to be on Level 5 Teams... that's all they talk about and they think being on a lower Level Team is not worth anything.... and i think that's sad...because at the end of the day it's not about the Level it's about the sport... so reading this makes me really happy because it shows that there are still Girls out there who do it for the love of Cheer...
Thank you so much for sharing!

Because of where we are located and don't have a gym and such we are Senior Level 2 and that is even a stretch. We have an age range of girls from 10-17 on our squad. We take anyone who signs up. And we usually have between 15-20 girls/season.

Because of where we are located and don't have a gym and such we are Senior Level 2 and that is even a stretch. We have an age range of girls from 10-17 on our squad. We take anyone who signs up. And we usually have between 15-20 girls/season.
And that's awesome!! You are doing an amazing job , the Cheer Community needs more people like you :)

Sad update:

Erynne's Cheer season ended last week when she was at practice and hurt her elbow doing her tumble pass. She is in a splint and they are scheduling a MRI for next week. X-rays were negative for any breaks. Dr. thinks the bones separated but then her muscles contracted causing the bones to smack back together. So he is thinking a severe bone bruise. Its been a week and she is still in alot of pain and cannot straighten out her arm. She found out today she will be in the splint for 3 to 4 more weeks. Our last Competition is in 3 weeks. :(

She only got to perform in 2 Competitons this season. We had one last weekend and I think it was harder on me than her. Everytime I watched her hanging out with her team in just her street clothes with everyone else in Uniform I just wanted to cry. (I am her Coach also)

But she has got a few girls this season to wear more Cheer bows to practice. She's still the only one that wears them anywhere anytime though. Haha!

Sad update:

Erynne's Cheer season ended last week when she was at practice and hurt her elbow doing her tumble pass. She is in a splint and they are scheduling a MRI for next week. X-rays were negative for any breaks. Dr. thinks the bones separated but then her muscles contracted causing the bones to smack back together. So he is thinking a severe bone bruise. Its been a week and she is still in alot of pain and cannot straighten out her arm. She found out today she will be in the splint for 3 to 4 more weeks. Our last Competition is in 3 weeks. :(

She only got to perform in 2 Competitons this season. We had one last weekend and I think it was harder on me than her. Everytime I watched her hanging out with her team in just her street clothes with everyone else in Uniform I just wanted to cry. (I am her Coach also)

But she has got a few girls this season to wear more Cheer bows to practice. She's still the only one that wears them anywhere anytime though. Haha!
Awww, so sorry to hear about Erynne's injury. Prayers that she will come back next season better than ever!!

Sad update:

Sometimes we just need an anti-shimmy on here...wishing her a speedy recovery!

This thread is one thread I can read and know that it will make my heart smile , what a great mom you are! such a great leader to Erynne! I wish more people were as open and accepting as you! :) hope she feels better too! also i have TONS of extra allstar cheer shirts from lots of big named gyms, (I cheered at FAME and Maryland Twisters) and would love to mail you a shirt or two! PM me <3

Sad to hear about her injury. Hopefully her love for the team and passion for the sport will help her motivate the team to be great, even without her. I pray speedy recovery and hope she gets the opportunity next season to come back stronger and have a great year.

This thread is one thread I can read and know that it will make my heart smile , what a great mom you are! such a great leader to Erynne! I wish more people were as open and accepting as you! :) hope she feels better too! also i have TONS of extra allstar cheer shirts from lots of big named gyms, (I cheered at FAME and Maryland Twisters) and would love to mail you a shirt or two! PM me <3

Thank you so much, I love my children and just want them to be happy. It took me awhile to see that Erynne is happy. She doesn't need to be going everywhere and anywhere with friends to do that.

I will pm you

Back